Tv fitting help

New to tramping and looking to get a tv for my truck but don’t know where to start.am I better getting a 12v one?? Have an inverter fitted but is running microwave. Would obviously need to buy an Ariel and probably a booster. Any recommendations or help. Drive a Daf xf 2017 plate and looking to fit at end of bed.

I reckon tv s are old hat nowadays mate.
I had a tv for ■■■■ years, it’s ok if you manage to find an aerial that actually works ok (I’ve tried em all, trust me)
Then you park up somewhere set the tv up wait for Eastenders (other crappy soaps available) only to find you either ain’t got a decent picture or no reception at all.
I watch all my tv in the truck on a tablet these days through my phone, I got a Samsung one which is compatible to the phone.
I can even get Sky/Sky Sports/BT Sports in the truck via my own home account (that is if I can’t find a pub that is showing the game :smiley: )

Or you can get a tv, I used a 240v one through an inverter.

You will need an aeirel…but as above really. Depends where you park on signal etc.
And now its all digital it’s either all the picture or nothing. Not like.old analogue days where you could could pretty much get some kind of picture.
I tried all kinds aeriels.
Magnetic ones were ok but meant putting cable though window stick it on side of truck but again depends on where you park etc.
Indoor type ones aren’t much good to be honest.
I eventually gave in and bought a 2nd hand samsumg tablet you can get some these days with a big screen. And use your phone as a hotspot to connect to the internet
Down load bbc I player itv etc.
To be honest most Freeview channels can be viewed online. Even sky go and virgin media’s equivalent.
Watching a few hours a day doesn’t use much data really.
Lot truck stops services have free WiFi anyway if your within range.
And here’s a few tips if you park on estates places other than services.
B and q have free wifi few office blocks offer free WiFi .
And I have found when places offer free WiFi they ask you for email Most can be fooled.
Most don’t authentic it. They dont send you an email link to click on be authenticated etc.
Yes a few do but most just want your details that’s all
So just use a fake email. Ie. Easter@yahoo.com. Etc.

Or alternatively buy a smart TV or normal TV and use a fire stick down load all the TV apps onto it

Cheers guys. Looks like the will be looking for a decent size tablet save me a lot of problems.

I’ve just put a 24 inch smart tv behind the driver’s seat in a FH.

It’s a 12/24/240 volt sharp TV, so I just plugged the cig light power cord into the outlet at the end of the bed. Well I rigged up a extension lead and put a switch in it that’s next to the TV.

There’s was a coat hook right in the middle of where the TV sits, and just behind the driver’s seat was a seatbelt extender, so took both off and bolted a bit of wood to the the side, then screwed a normal TV bracket to that that tilts, it fits perfect and although close it’s impossible for the driver’s seat to hit it. Then just turn hotspot on my phone, it works perfectly. It was £190 for the TV.