Insurance for Lawyer

Out of interest does anyone know of an insurance that would pay for a lawyer.

Years ago I had home insurance that would do so, but then the motoring part was dropped.

Still have insurance that would pay for property, employment disputes and so.

Legal cover on motor insurance.

Go on tell us why you need a lawyer, I love a good court case unless it’s me in the dock / paying the fine

Very often not worth the paper its written on, Several years ago the wife had to have a knee replacement due to a dog running into her. Because of her pain and 12 months plus waiting for NHS we went private the following week. It took 9 months to recover some use and become pain free.The operation cost £5000 so we made a claim through our house insurance as we had legal insured. Long story short did not get money for operation as the other person, ie; dog owner said that my wife was not looking were she was going and walked into her running dog. Lawyers fought it in court and the case failed because it was not a dangerous dog type.
To continue fighting the case they said would take us about the £5000 limit of our house insurance.
So fu… screwed.

got my legal representation through the union (cost me nothing apart from the monthly union fees-) made that back many time over with full barrister and solicitor representation at court when was accused of dangerous driving and driving with out due care by two off duty Coppers( they under took me on a roundabout- when I had a 18.5 meter long load and said I was in the wrong lane and cut them off on purpose)- cleared of all charges Met Police made to pay all my out of pocket expenses for travelling to attend the hearing and two days loss of wages, ( barrister argued for that and got it) Two officers admonished by the court and a letter from the magistrate to the traffic divisional commander aboutr how traffic officers should know better… for £15 a month well worth it, defending myself would have lost- paying for a top barrister and solicitor would have been £1000’s

dozy:
Go on tell us why you need a lawyer, I love a good court case unless it’s me in the dock / paying the fine

I don’t, sorry to disappoint, might do one day especially if driving abroad.

Conor:
Legal cover on motor insurance.

My legal cover on my insurance only gives me a lawyer if i am involved in an accident.