No ignition, card removal

Had a look on Google but can’t find anything, key fob on actros packed in. Replaced battery still not recognized. Locks and unlock.

Wondering if anyone has an idea how to remove card?

As need power to operate tacho.

At present awaiting breakdown recovery. Who will try to remove card. Been 2 hours waiting. There is a spare truck here I can use.

Don’t know why depot can’t send driver down with spare keys. Oh that’s too simples

My XF is powered all the time , so I don’t need keys to take my card out

I take it you’ve held the key fob as close as possible to the start button while pressing start?

andy187:
key fob on actros packed in. Replaced battery still not recognized. Locks and unlock.

Wondering if anyone has an idea how to remove card?

As need power to operate tacho.

blue estate:
My XF is powered all the time , so I don’t need keys to take my card out

Is there power elsewhere in the Actros? Or are all systems dependent on having a fob present?
Is it definitely just the fob at fault?

stu675:
I take it you’ve held the key fob as close as possible to the start button while pressing start?

Don’t you put the key in a port next to start button , or that’s how it is on 17 plate actross ive had of late

In the end the card was removed with electrical contact cleaner sprayed on the fob by the wrecker driver so i could get my card out.
I was recovered, unit and trailer back to Hinckley.
The Merc was 67 reg, and key fob was in this condition

So I think from now on any key fob in said condition is a defect?
So ended up doing nearly 17 hour shift. :open_mouth:

dozy:

stu675:

Don’t you put the key in a port next to start button , or that’s how it is on 17 plate actross ive had of late

Sorry, I’m used to a 2019+ model with mirrorcams, there is now no slot.

stu675:

dozy:

stu675:

We still have both types.

stu675:

dozy:

stu675:

Still absolutely garbage though no matter what year

stu675:

dozy:

stu675:

That’s good as I spent the first 5 mins ( 1 st time I used one ) wondering why it wouldn’t start , fob in lorry pushing start button, nothing , google sorted problem

andy187:
In the end the card was removed with electrical contact cleaner sprayed on the fob by the wrecker driver so i could get my card out.
I was recovered, unit and trailer back to Hinckley.
The Merc was 67 reg, and key fob was in this condition 0
So I think from now on any key fob in said condition is a defect?
So ended up doing nearly 17 hour shift. :open_mouth:

Where is the second key that one is done.