DHL

Hi all,

What’s DHL like working for?

Applied for a class 1 day job 50hr week so looking for comments.

Thanks all.

You might want to narrow it down a bit?
I applied at DHL, it was for brewery deliveries for pubs, I believe DHL also deliver parcels?

Sattalk:
Hi all,
What’s DHL like working for?

Big name company, so they’re big on all the rules, low-to-zero tolerance for infringements, expect you to know your stuff fully - EU hours, WTD etc. At least that was my experience driving for Argos, whose fleet was managed by DHL on Argos’s behalf.

Decent pay. (But this is obviously role/contract dependant)

Secure job. (Nothing truly is. But it’s a big company unlikely to go bust)

Pension. (I think I contribute 3% and the company 6%). They give you a choice which scheme you want your pension invested in/with.

Big on health and safety. (This was annoying at first as it was a bit of culture shock for me. But it’s there for a reason, and I understand it)

In 9 months, only got asked once the reason for running behind on schedule. (Tbf he is new in the office). Our depot don’t rush you about. Nobody ever hits the time that the computer says it will take.

Overtime paid at inflated rates. (Depends on day etc. Usually paid x1.33 if you come in on day off and/or go over your contracted hours. x1.5 on bank holidays).

Microlise Mad. - I just aim for the middle of the leaderboard now and drive under the radar. I’ve had terrible scores in the past and been pulled about them. But fuel efficiency, no harsh braking. No harsh acceleration. No excessive engine idling . Use cruise control where possible etc etc.

I enjoy it now. Got used to the job/the drops/ fellow colleagues.

as has been said…decent pay,and pension…if your not too hot on reversing,for instance,they’ll probably train you up. and yes,they’r hot on infringements and H&S. as for Microlise…yes they’ve gone mental …peeing off a good few drivers at our depot.i don’t want to be micro managed,and i’ve told them this…but they are on a mission it seems :frowning:
but if you can put up with some of that carp,and don’t infringe or smash the kit up,they are a good Co to work for,imo :smiley:

They never used to bother about microlise, I didn’t even touch the tablet for about 2/3 year but this last month or so they have went into overdrive about it. Even took me out for microlise training.

As for working for DHL it’s totally down to the depot and contract. Some are hellish and some are a complete doddle.

All I can say is you go through a lot of pens.

Similar system to Stobart when I drove for them.

Anyway, no point in carrying on asking questions.

The interview etc was today but they called Wednesday and cancelled saying no manager available but can I do Thursday instead, nope to short notice.

Called their HR and so far no response or a new date so I’m assuming the jobs gone.

DHL - Drive Home Late.

Could be a good thing like jumping out of a frying pan into the fire so to speak.

Sattalk:

The interview etc was today but they called Wednesday and cancelled saying no manager available but can I do Thursday instead, nope to short notice.

Called their HR and so far no response or a new date so I’m assuming the jobs gone.

DHL - Drive Home Late.

Could be a good thing like jumping out of a frying pan into the fire so to speak.

Was this the one up in Ebbw Vale advertised recently?

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

All I can say is you go through a lot of pens.

DHL in a nutshell :laughing:

Yes.

Goff118:

Sattalk:

DHL - Drive Home Late.

Was this the one up in Ebbw Vale advertised recently?

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thought so. Have you heard anything more?

Nope just left hanging to dry.

Goff118:

Ah OK. I applied to see if they’d bite but not heard anything back. Probably a bit too long a commute for me though really.

I’m 20 mins away, ideal time and location.

Owe well back to driving to and from Cardiff.

Sattalk:
Nope just left hanging to dry.

Goff118:

I find this…

So rude. It would take very little for DHL to organise an email list of candidates that didn’t get the job and press send.

They sent me a rejection e-mail to start with, as their application was showing that I didn’t have a digicard and CPC. I told them I did and they said they’d get back to me. That was 6th February.

I’ve just chased them again now.

As I said above I had an interview date but they cancelled, they then called back and asked can I do the day before nope.

Since then I’ve been cold shouldered, I’ve even called the HR dept and they’ve sent the girl I’ve been talking to a message to call me, so far no reply.

Very, very disappointed in the lack of response and it’s not my fault.

Owe well.

Wow, just logged into the DHL application site and seen this latest email.

Disgusted.

Also, they sent three emails saying the interview was at one location then a day later another email saying they was wrong and to here.

Then calling me to cancel and now not receiving the above email, would not if known if I had not logged in.

What an inept, useless lot they are.

Owe my fault I presume for not telling my current employer sorry can’t come in tomorrow just to keep DHL manager happy.

Will not be applying again that’s for sure.

I just received the below reply off them. I don’t know if I’m wasting their time, my time or everybody’s time at this stage ha ha…

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email,
I have chased up the below with the main recruiter and asked them to review.
They should be in contact in due course.
Many thanks,