Putting stickers over the in cab cameras

I have to do my daily checks which include verifying that the camera is working and clean.Much as I dont like cameras,I wouldnt cover it because,what do you tell the manager when he asks you why you covered the camera?.It seems a daft thing to do if you want to keep your job,or if you are an agency driver and want continued work.Im getting tired of cleaning this ■■■■ off the lense,any idea the best thing to clean sticky residue…

Alcohol or WD-40 cleans sticky stuff.

If it’s driver facing i wouldn’t be cleaning nothing off it as i don’t clean other people’s crap, saying that i wouldn’t be working for any company that has them so it doesn’t matter

I used to hear drivers say this about vehicle trackers.It wont be long before these cameras are standard features,I think

If you are doing nothing wrong ie smoking on the phone shouting abuse
what’s the problem

Just write the lense is covered in sticky residue on your check sheet and get a office bod to sign it before you depart. Then cleaning it or worrying about getting the blame of it is taken out your hands.

Sploom:
I have to do my daily checks which include verifying that the camera is working and clean.Much as I dont like cameras,I wouldnt cover it because,what do you tell the manager when he asks you why you covered the camera?.It seems a daft thing to do if you want to keep your job,or if you are an agency driver and want continued work.Im getting tired of cleaning this [zb] off the lense,any idea the best thing to clean sticky residue…

If you’re getting tired of doing it, it suggests that nobody else does it,.and you are the only one daft enough to be even bothered about it.
Do you do as you are told to the letter with everything else you are told to do?
…even if it’s to your own detriment. :unamused:
If you do find something suitable., you should offer to do the rest of the fleet for your boss,…and clean his car with what is left.

Eucalyptus or ti tree oil.

SHYTOT:
what’s the problem

Absolutely! You should go a step further I suggest and have cameras placed in every room in your house and pay a company to monitor them on the chance that a violent house break in occurs.

After all, if you’re doing nothing wrong where’s the problem?

Obviously others have put something over it.
And if it’s on your check sheet and says camera clean in good working order etc just put a cross in the box defect it tell the office. As it’s not it good working order is it
If there happy for you to drive it then carry on…

End of day .
one day somebody will defect it then same as any minor damage .last driver will get called in and get the blame for it.

I wouldn’t be cleaning an in cab camera if I had one, I don’t even clean the forward facing camera, or the camera’s on the outside, we even have a load space camera, which I also don’t clean, the only camera I will clean is the reversing one.

edd1974:
Obviously others have put something over it.
And if it’s on your check sheet and says camera clean in good working order etc just put a cross in the box defect it tell the office. As it’s not it good working order is it
If there happy for you to drive it then carry on…

End of day .
one day somebody will defect it then same as any minor damage .last driver will get called in and get the blame for it.

Most sensible answer! Report it so its their problem and it covers you arse. Wouldn’t think they defected for that.
I wouldn’t clean it!!!

the maoster:

SHYTOT:
what’s the problem

Absolutely! You should go a step further I suggest and have cameras placed in every room in your house and pay a company to monitor them on the chance that a violent house break in occurs.

Aye the obligatory ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong what’s the problem’’ chestnut whenever this crap is discussed. :unamused: :smiley:

Is it brainwash, is it servility…or a bit of both with them. :unamused:

Next ‘bingo’ post…
‘‘Why are you bothered there are cameras everywhere these days’’ :unamused:

Does anyone know the reasons why employers fit cameras aiming at the driver? Please share

First thing comes to mind and spooks me about cameras, night shifts falling asleep. Is this one of the reasons behind?

I’d be tempted to try a black sharpie pen…

the maoster:

SHYTOT:
what’s the problem

To be fair it’s a bit of a stretch that but I get the point. A finer comparison would be for all office staff to have their webcams on permanently and monitored remotely for their protection obviously.

Perhaps we could extend it further by also logging every action they do whilst at work like we also have to do?

_JD:
Does anyone know the reasons why employers fit cameras aiming at the driver? Please share

First thing comes to mind and spooks me about cameras, night shifts falling asleep. Is this one of the reasons behind?

Unrelated to night shifts (in my mind anyway), more to see what the driver was doing just prior to killing people (other than stamping the brake and bracing for impact)

robroy:

Sploom:
I have to do my daily checks which include verifying that the camera is working and clean.Much as I dont like cameras,I wouldnt cover it because,what do you tell the manager when he asks you why you covered the camera?.It seems a daft thing to do if you want to keep your job,or if you are an agency driver and want continued work.Im getting tired of cleaning this [zb] off the lense,any idea the best thing to clean sticky residue…

If you’re getting tired of doing it, it suggests that nobody else does it,.and you are the only one daft enough to be even bothered about it.
Do you do as you are told to the letter with everything else you are told to do?
…even if it’s to your own detriment. :unamused:
If you do find something suitable., you should offer to do the rest of the fleet for your boss,…and clean his car with what is left.

Mmm,its alright till something happens,then theyll say I signed off as clean and unobstructed

_JD:

I think they get cheaper insurance,which makes sense,because whenever there is an accident ,both drivers blame each other typically.The consequence of fallen man…

_JD:

When you’re overtaking lorries, especially ones that seem to be going slow for no reason or having trouble driving in a straight line have a look in the cab at the dashboard in front of the driver. The amount of drivers you’ll find watching films, Youtube videos or scrolling through Tiktok is shocking, especially on night trunking.