Hmrc

weeto:

Sploom:
Icheck if a previous employer has been honest, and paid your tax and NI contributions, it happens, twice whilst employed by a company for 10 years 2 of those years have no record of me paying any NI contributions and would imagine no tax was paid either, this was between 1990 and 2000, and happened to all the drivers there, with one being refused a mortgage as he did not have a full employment history because of it, I didn’t find out for a very long time that this had happened, only found out in 2018 when I became self employed and registered for online HMRC and being asked volunterely pay the short fall of £800 odd for those lost 2 years to get full state pension.

This is what I’m thinking was employed by a small company for 8 Years for last 2 years was run by a differwnt owner.
As previous owner sold up retired
And he basically ran company into the ground and out the blue Easter last year we all got a txt saying company’s shutting down empty your trucks over Easter weekend . He never paid into this government pension for a while .
Depsite stopping it out of our wages

Was getting a payslip every weeke showing tax. Ni deductions as normal.
Does make me wonder if was this.
But would HMRC take pity on me if I can show payslips saying so?
Then joined agency was working someware statiaght away did 6 months then company took me on direct.