Mystery Roadside Item

i have seen these strange items at the side of the road on a few occasions and the best i can come up with is that they are some sort of discreet marker lights that have a small blue LED light, which is direction in that it can only be seen by on coming traffic and at close range. The one that i have recovered doesn’t seem to have any markings on it and has some sort of sticky coating which has a sickly sweet smell (kind of like strawberries)

what i have noticed so far in the few that i have see is that are deployed on main roads near junctions or mini roundabouts and motorways near exit slip roads. usually but not always near the left hand side of the road next to the kerb but i have seen one on the right hand lane near the barrier on the central reservation of the M6 motorway near J17 so they are in use in England as well as Scotland.

as you can see in the pictures provide their construction almost appears to be all most home made and i think they have some sort of anti-handling device as when i picked it up the light was very bright but when i got it back into the car ( no interior light was on) it appeared to almost go out as if the battery hand failed but when i cam back to it this morning having been left to lie in the foot well of the passenger seat it was glowing again at full capacity.

so my questions are:

1. who makes these items?

2. who is deploying them?

3. why are they using low visibility maker devices, when a high visibility one would work better at night…?

it seems very odd to me.

thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

Discarded vapes being thrown out of cars by morons that can’t dispose of them properly. They flash often when the battery is dying.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

That’s one that has been flattened by a vehicle the casing has bust off. Just a battery and led left.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

So…

He found an unknown object in the road.
It has an unknown, sticky surface.
It has a sickly smell.

He picked it up…

And left it in the passenger footwell, overnight…

I present to you, a future Darwin Award winner .

Discarded Vapes,
Lying about all over the country tossed out by dirty tramps who are too lazy to find a bloody bin!!!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk