Female truck drivers security

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … v-drivers/

How much did Extra services pay them to say there places are safe.

to be fair to cambridge services i have seen security walking around the lorry park at different times of the night. I once walked behind my trailor to get out the wind to light my cig and he came round to see what i was doing. However i havent wandered across to the main services so no idea what that is like.

Speaking as a part time sexist :smiley:
I reckon those 2 lasses in the pic will be fairly safe on a night out. :laughing: :sunglasses:

Oh come on ffs it’s a joke ! . :unamused: :grimacing:

Female truckers want the same as any other driver. Secure parking, clean shower facilities and access to decent food.

IMHO trying to ‘attract’ a certain demographic into lorry driving just isn’t going to work. I’m of the opinion that it’s the type of job that you have to WANT to do. Not just something you try because you now might be safer in some service areas.

Good facilities for all should be the norm :confused:

robroy:
I reckon those 2 lasses in the pic will be fairly safe on a night out. :laughing: :sunglasses:

Rob , you’d love the Female drive who works for Woodside logistics in Fareham :open_mouth:
S(H)e‘s a looker :wink: :laughing:

cooper1203:
to be fair to cambridge services i have seen security walking around the lorry park at different times of the night. I once walked behind my trailor to get out the wind to light my cig and he came round to see what i was doing. However i havent wandered across to the main services so no idea what that is like.

I don’t think the same can be said of the Beaconsfield ones, it is regularly reported for curtains being cut during the night.

I’ll just drop one of my blunt ones here…If you’re afraid of bears don’t go into the woods

Why does it have to be about men and women only, what about the trans people? How come there’s not information out there about the most trans-friendly services which also offer vegan (NOT VEGETARIAN!!) food

Btw why are there no eggs in the supermarkets only 1-2 kinds there used to be about 15 different kinds. Anyone haulin’ eggs to shed some inside info?

ETS:
I

Btw why are there no eggs in the supermarkets only 1-2 kinds there used to be about 15 different kinds. Anyone haulin’ eggs to shed some inside info?

Bird flu.
Government has ordered the destruction of all affected flocks.

ETS:
I’ll just drop one of my blunt ones here…If you’re afraid of bears don’t go into the woods

Why does it have to be about men and women only, what about the trans people? How come there’s not information out there about the most trans-friendly services which also offer vegan (NOT VEGETARIAN!!) food

Never mind the trans :unamused: …think of the poor non binaries. :bulb: They’ve got enough ag wondering if they’re Arthur or Martha without bothering about shower facilities. :smiley:

The facilities that the company concentrated on recording were whether the truck stops had toilets, washing and laundry facilities, shaving, showers, accommodation, a café, a shop, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, a filling station and

Must be a certain type of female driver they are trying to attract if one of facilities must be shaving points! :wink:

Women only need protection from men

> SHYTOT:
> Women only need protection from men

Policemen in particular it would seem

whisperingsmith:
> SHYTOT:
> Women only need protection from men

Policemen in particular it would seem

Ooooooh ! :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
Speaking as a part time sexist :smiley::smiley:

I bet it’s the hi viz that does it for you Rob :smiley: :smiley:

have been in the industry a while and worked with a few lady drivers, most don’t stay in the role long. Bit like the ladies in my parsonal life.

Secondly many need help with heavy loading and unloading and difficult curtains for example.

Macski:
Secondly many need help with heavy loading and unloading and difficult curtains for example.

Am I the only childish one on here? :blush:
:laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Speaking as a part time sexist?..dont you mean a part time ■■■ pest! :laughing:

elsa Lad:

robroy:

I was cleared of ALL those charges I’ll have you know !!
:laughing:

robroy:

elsa Lad:

robroy:

I was cleared of ALL those charges I’ll have you know !!
:laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing:

All joking aside I’m sure we’d all step in & help anyone who was in trouble , be it women , old folks , kids ( excepting trucknet member , I’d give whoever was giving them a pasting a hand )