15 minute cities

Interesting this is not being reported on national media :open_mouth:

Both Oxford & Canterbury have been chosen for this madness.

Starting from 2024 these cities will be divided into zones, the basic idea being that you have all you need within 15 min walk or bicycle ride.

As i understand it you will only be able to drive into other zones in the city up to 100 times a year, after which you will be fined :open_mouth:

The government are spending Ā£338million towards active travel infrastructure & changes to the highway code across all local authorities across the UK. I can see more towns & cities going down this road to filter out private car use in certain areas of towns & cities & encourage more people to walk, cycle or onto public transport.
gov.uk/government/news/338- ā€¦ ravel-boom

Death of City centres, with online shopping local authorities and the nanny state should be doing everything to encourage people into City centres, hospitality venues would also suffer as a meal in a City centre restaurant becomes less attractive when you have to share a bus full of ā– ā– ā– ā–  heads to get home, no thanksā€¦

Welcome to your dystopian futureā€¦

On the bright side, the residents of Oxford are dismantling and disabling the cameras as soon as they appearā€¦They don`t want this tyranny no more than anyone else doesā€¦It is the slippery slope that needs levelling out, not up!

There must have been more of Gretaā€™s fan club on the Independent Citizens Jury organised by Oxford university who backed & approved the councils new traffic plans. airqualitynews.com/2022/10/03/o ā€¦ -measures/

Open air prisons.

Live in the pod, eat your bugs, and own nothing and be happy.

claretmatt:
Open air prisons.

To be fair you can have a bicycle to go out on to escape the freezing pod to go to the local fast food outlet or a veggie, anything but bacon, roll for breakfast.Then later for an anything but meat cabbage burger, if the bugs donā€™t cut it.

Carryfast:

claretmatt:
Open air prisons.

To be fair you can have a bicycle to go out on to escape the freezing pod to go to the local fast food outlet or a veggie, anything but bacon, roll for breakfast.Then later for an anything but meat cabbage burger, if the bugs donā€™t cut it.

Edinburgh is now THE place for plant based diets. :open_mouth: The first Scottish city & first capital in Europe to endorse plant based diets over meat & dairy, Sayonara to the Haggis. :open_mouth: localgov.co.uk/Edinburgh-fi ā€¦ iet-/55454

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

claretmatt:
Open air prisons.

Edinburgh is now THE place for plant based diets. :open_mouth: The first Scottish city & first capital in Europe to endorse plant based diets over meat & dairy, Sayonara to the Haggis. :open_mouth: localgov.co.uk/Edinburgh-fi ā€¦ iet-/55454

So why do these plant eaters want their veggy food to look like meat ?.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

claretmatt:
Open air prisons.

I donā€™t know itā€™s very strange, I should imagine a vegan haggis wouldnā€™t go down very well being piped in on Burns night. :open_mouth:

The communists had it figured out all along, then. The way they planned/built their cities was to have ,micro-citiesā€™ā€™ inside cities. Of course itā€™ll never work full scale without centrallized planning

youtube.com/watch?v=1eIxUuu ā€¦ mSomething

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

claretmatt:
Open air prisons.

I donā€™t know itā€™s very strange, I should imagine a vegan haggis wouldnā€™t go down very well being piped in on Burns night. :open_mouth:

Vegan haggis is quite a good substitute apparently.

Unless BMW build tied cottages near Cowley quite how the workers scattered all over Oxford are supposed to get to work at the various shift times will be an interesting one, thats just one employer among hundreds and probably thousands who donā€™t employ workers on a 9 to 3 basis and have all the school hols off.

The good burghers who promote this green ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  would probably be quite happy for BMW to shut up shop and ship the rest of production to bloody China as well as the scalextric range, no doubt BMW would make a fair bit of dosh on the factory site for housingā€¦and presumably the magic money trees will flower several times a years and provide satisfactory basic incomes for the ex employees to live in the newly created utopia owning nothing and being happy.

These people life in a fanstasy world, i doubt any one of the sods who dream this crap up has ever done a proper days bloody work in their miserable lives, utterly clueless and careless about the lives of real people they infest.

If we all accept that the establishment desires nothing other than our compliance - or our actual deathsā€¦ then we can all move on from there, and vote accordingly at the next election.

This would need ALL of us boycotting ALL incumbent parties currently represented at Westminster, and lobbying all returning officers should that result ā€œYouā€™re all OUTā€ then get fudged by the estgablishment not recognizing that result, maybe by some made-up reason to declare a national emergency all over againā€¦

If the Far Left ever became likely to conduct their ā€œCivil Disobedienceā€ stunts on ONLY the property of Elites, rather than be a complete pain-in-the-arse to the general public all the time - they might get a fairly large amount of support from previous Tory voters such as myself, and quite a few other non-Labour voters on this board, I suspectā€¦

Thereā€™s no chance of a Far right civil disobedience campaign alas, as this would consist of artisans, actual workers, engineers, etc that can actually get some pretty spectacular stunts to work!

For every ten people killed by the indirect actions of ā€œDelays due to protestsā€ for instance, I would comfortably estimate the number of deaths caused by ā€œFar Right Protestsā€ at being very close indeed to 0.00000001%ā€¦

Thereā€™s no peace - without justice.
Thereā€™s no justice - without enforcement.
Thereā€™s no enforcement - without authority.

Weā€™ve not had a real authority ruling this country - since the fall of the Empire though.
We would have been better off if weā€™d put ā€œUK foreign policyā€ on the same bonfire as the Empire once went on.

ā€œNo money for Medical Staff Pay Risesā€ - but chunks of Ā£5,000,000,000 a time to Ukraine, a country not our ally fighting a nuclear superpower that need not have been our enemyā€¦
We wouldnā€™t be paying over a thousand quid a month for our utilities and mortgages, nay a thousand quid a month MORE (than a year ago!) for our utilities and mortgages combined - had the stupid foreign policy decision to ā€œAid a country that isnā€™t even a full member of the EU weā€™ve supposed to have leftā€ - let alone a member of NATOā€¦

ā€¦Oh, and Sweden can kiss goodbye to their hopes of joining NATO now - that Turkey is vetoing their would-be membership bidā€¦

Iain Dale on the LBC was giving ā€œScottyā€ a hard time this evening - ā€œWhoā€™s going to protect an independent Scotlandā€? ā€œWeā€™ll keep NATO personnel here, but weā€™ll get rid of the nukesā€ā€¦
(Got hooted behind at the traffic lights I was at, I was laughing so much, I missed them change to green!) :blush: :blush: :blush:

Juddian:
Unless BMW build tied cottages near Cowley quite how the workers scattered all over Oxford are supposed to get to work at the various shift times will be an interesting one, thats just one employer among hundreds and probably thousands who donā€™t employ workers on a 9 to 3 basis and have all the school hols off.

The good burghers who promote this green ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  would probably be quite happy for BMW to shut up shop and ship the rest of production to bloody China as well as the scalextric range, no doubt BMW would make a fair bit of dosh on the factory site for housingā€¦and presumably the magic money trees will flower several times a years and provide satisfactory basic incomes for the ex employees to live in the newly created utopia owning nothing and being happy.

These people life in a fanstasy world, i doubt any one of the sods who dream this crap up has ever done a proper days bloody work in their miserable lives, utterly clueless and careless about the lives of real people they infest.

Itā€™s insane isnā€™t but itā€™s going to spread everywhere eventually.
Start planning now, for the real war on personal car ownership has just begun.
By 2030 if you have to use a car to commute your life will be a nightmare.

drover:
Interesting this is not being reported on national media :open_mouth:

https://youtu.be/XypqPNHLl2U

Both Oxford & Canterbury have been chosen for this madness.

Starting from 2024 these cities will be divided into zones, the basic idea being that you have all you need within 15 min walk or bicycle ride.

As i understand it you will only be able to drive into other zones in the city up to 100 times a year, after which you will be fined :open_mouth:

Wasnā€™t this the basic idea of the new towns years ago, except with less emphasis on cars? (ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and Skelmersdale to use two examples are basically commuter towns though) It seems it was intended for people in those areas to live, shop, work etc. in their area. Some connect quite well to the motorway network but ones like Runcorn have miles of expressways with proper free flowing slip roads yet both motorway junctions require a roundabout with traffic lights :unamused:

Juddian:

BMW have already decided to move all electric Mini production to China later this year, Theyā€™re working in a joint venture with Great Wall Motors to produce electric Mini models there. The new Mini Countryman will be built in their Leipzig factory. BMW have announced that they will be an electric only car company by 2032/33 In the meantime it will still make ICE Miniā€™s mainly for export to the USA Saudi until then. electrive.com/2022/10/17/bm ā€¦ cowley-uk/

Most if not all local authorities across the UK who have declared a ā€˜Climate emergencyā€™ will be going down this route to decarbonise transport.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_e ā€¦ ed_Kingdom

Labour are going to lose both Oxford AND Canterbury at this rate.
It is just a question of ā€œWho to?ā€ā€¦

Ok i know its buses but what a messā€¦
alreadyā€¦m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ā€¦ 7863719312

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

drover:

Oh dear, someone has bought the bollox being spouted online. The media havenā€™t reported on that BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Itā€™s absolute unadulterated bollox, all that ā€œwe will be fined if we leave our zone, weā€™re being imprisonedā€ is absolute unadulterated rubbish and it scares me the amount of gullible halfwits that believe any old crap they see on social media. Looking at the comments above it seems we have a few of those in here too. What has actually been said for those capable of doing research and capable of critical thinking and producing their own thoughts instead of being told what to think by knuckle draggers on ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Tiktok is that if you want to go from one zone to another you should use the ring roads. So you can go to as many zones as you damned well please as much as you want, youā€™ll just have to use the ring roads. The benefits of doing that is that it means local streets donā€™t get clogged up, everyone gets faster journeys, pollution is lower, everyone wins. Except the leftie loonie nobheads on social media who will have one less thing they can use to generate likes and upvotes from the gullibles.