M3 crash 10/01/23

ECM Transporter crossed the northbound central reservation and threw some cars over the southbound carriageway near Fleet

Truck had a blowout so the old bill said, bloody things are wobbly enough at 56mph with all the wheels inflated [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bloody hell.A blowout can cause that.

I applied twice to ECM without success.I think that ship has sailed now,too cold for me to be working outside loading up

itv.com/news/meridian/2023- … m3-traffic

That is staggering to watch!

I’ve had 3 occasions of blowouts since I started driving class 1.
All been on the trailer so far.
Really looks like that guy had no chance.

So basically then ,if the front tyre blows,its in tge lap of the gods,is that how it goes…

Sploom:
So basically then ,if the front tyre blows,its in tge lap of the gods,is that how it goes…

Not necessarily, what you have to remember is you’ve got 2 tonnes plus of car hanging out and over the cab all that extra weight makes a massive difference to handling

Sploom:

I’ve never been unlucky enough to have a front tyre blow out, the nearest I came to it was a twin steer middle axle blow out, that was bad enough, it certainly woke me up.
On a front tyre one, it just decides where it is going to take you.

Btw., In the lap of 'The Gods '?
That’s an interesting phrase for you, Fridge boy. :laughing:

Sploom:

I’m no expert on front blowouts as I’ve never had one but I reckon the car overhanging the cab won’t have helped the situation,reckon it’s bad enough without another two ton pushing down on you at front end…

Haha,I was waiting for that!

I’ve never had a front blowout either (and if that happy situation continues i’ll not complain) a 20 second rapid deflate was dodgy enough for me on an empty transporter.

Mate of mine is my hero, he had an equivalent in the form of one locked front wheel brake on the front of an identical rig to the ECM wagon, fully loaded at 50 mph in contraflow and managed to keep it all together, no accident no other damage…for some reason i always thought he’d had a blowout but speaking with him a while ago he put me right, either way not something i’d like to experience.

I had one in a loaded 6 axle wagon and drag on the M20, fortunately only approx 40mph, but if I never have one again I’ll be happy. Very grateful to all those around me who realised what had happened and dropped back to give me room.

Its worth reading this post when you are considering taking a job for the same rate as someone flipping burgers…

Sploom:
Its worth reading this post when you are considering taking a job for the same rate as someone flipping burgers…

50K for flippin burgers

Sploom:

How much is maccies paying now? :open_mouth:

£8 to £10,although I found a job in Newport,£11.50

robthedog:

Sploom:

50K for flippin burgers

Where do i sign up? :laughing:

Ok,fair enough

He was quite lucky as he slid a long way cab first, if he’d carried on a bit further it would have been the concrete barrier into the cab roof and he might not have walked away from that, even with the peak deck for protection.