DPD artic parked on the A43

just wondering if anyone else has spotted it…parked in a non-lay-by between the A5 and the M1 j.15a? i’ve spotted in 3 times in the last 2 weeks in the same spot :astonished: of course he could be having a break there every time i go past…just seems odd that’s all.
and on the subject of j.15a…heading northbound onto the M1 from the A43 and Northampton Services…there is not much of a slip-road for joining traffic!

Pull in there one night, and have a look around for some hidden 25litre drums lol.

Bait truck?

It’s sat there monitoring & reporting back to the mother ship! :grimacing: Haven’t a lot of their vehicles/depots got this ‘Breath’ system fitted to them with laser sensors than monitor the air quality every12 seconds in real time data. dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd … cities.jsp

I noticed it twice at least 2 weeks ago and did make me wonder.

Perhaps they are trying to disprove the suggestion that your not allowed to stop when trunking!

lancpudn:
It’s sat there monitoring & reporting back to the mother ship! :grimacing: Haven’t a lot of their vehicles/depots got this ‘Breath’ system fitted to them with laser sensors than monitor the air quality every12 seconds in real time data. dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd … cities.jsp

On a par with water companies telling us that their sewage monitoring systems are being improved… :smiley:

Yes the sliproad from A43 to M1 North is worse than ever. I call it the slingshot now lol

I’ve never understood why, when it’s been widened to four lanes they can’t keep in the inside lane as a dedicated off lane for a junction, run it as three lane carriageway through the junction, then when a road rejoins it has its own lane to rejoin making it four lanes again. Simple no?

Dpd are not Allowed to stop anywhere on route so its a bit strange.
They only allow you to have a break on site.

Daani:
Dpd are not Allowed to stop anywhere on route so its a bit strange.
They only allow you to have a break on site.

Yes you can if need legal break… also might be a subbie pulling DPD trailer having a daily rest

njl:

glad i’m not the only one! i did think it could be a bait trap…someone needs to stop and check it out :laughing:

toonsy:
Yes the sliproad from A43 to M1 North is worse than ever. I call it the slingshot now lol

I’ve never understood why, when it’s been widened to four lanes they can’t keep in the inside lane as a dedicated off lane for a junction, run it as three lane carriageway through the junction, then when a road rejoins it has its own lane to rejoin making it four lanes again. Simple no?

The ‘smart’ upgrade on the m4 has gone with that, from J11 back to the M25, though I have a feeling Slough west has slip roads.

carryfast-yeti:

njl:

glad i’m not the only one! i did think it could be a bait trap…someone needs to stop and check it out :laughing:

There is a Marina right close by (or two), but I don’t imagine DPD is the sort of firm to let you take your motor home, especially with a trailer!