M6 Accident yesterday j-16-17 north

A teenager was killed in an horrific M6 crash involving a lorry and three cars. It happened on the northbound carriageway between Junction 16, for Crewe, and Junction 17, for Sandbach, in Cheshire at around 5.15pm yesterday, Friday, December 2.

Police arrested the HGV driver, a 27-year-old man from Rossendale in Lancashire, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remained in custody today, Saturday, December 3.

Not in a rude way but so what. Collision/accidents happen every day shall we post every article on here

nobody forced you to click on it… :unamused:

Went passed it a couple hours after it happened, I noticed one car was totally squashed in from the back. I thought a lorry had hit it from behind. A massive shame.

Then after that I had the usual knob ends (various pallet networks) tailgating at 56mph, you would have thought common sense would have kicked in after seeing that.

I saw the matrix warning on the M5 last night, the M6 n/b was still closed this morning around 7am when I was there.
Traffic diverted through Crewe.

Somebody’s kid eh? :unamused:

TruckDriverBen:
Not in a rude way but so what.

A young kid lost his life ffs man. what do you mean ‘‘So what’’. :unamused:
Jeez H .
If you feel that way don’t comment…aka Keep it shut.

TruckDriverBen:
Not in a rude way but so what.

I guess we’ve found the driver who likes to drive down the motorway watching Netflix/Youtube/Tiktok.

TruckDriverBen:
Not in a rude way but so what. Collision/accidents happen every day shall we post every article on here

ACCIDENT:
An accident is an unintended, normally unwanted event that was not directly caused by humans. The term accident implies that nobody should be blamed, but the event may have been caused by unrecognized or unaddressed risks.

Daani:
Police arrested the HGV driver, a 27-year-old man from Rossendale in Lancashire, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

It appears it was not an accident.

Therefore it was avoidable.
It could and should not have happened.
Not caused by
…accident/karma/god/fate/luck/etc/etc.

By looking at what people do wrongly we can try to have fewer incidents like this.
By ignoring them we are complicit in accepting them.

Collisions happen everyday, but mostly they shouldn`t. Maybe they will never be eliminated, humans are fallible, but that is no reason to give up, ignore, and accept fatalities.

‘An accident is ‘Not directly caused by humans’’?
What a load of ■■■■■■■■, how tf does that work?

As for the rta in question,.the guy has been arrested on suspicion, he has not been charged yet, so before we jump to a conclusion, condemn him and set up the gallows, it aint been fully investigated and proven yet…just saying.

robroy:
‘‘Not directly caused by humans’’?

As for the rta in question,.the guy has been arrested on suspicion, he has not been charged yet, so before we jump to a conclusion, condemn him and set up the gallows, it aint been fully investigated and proven yet…just saying.

Ohh God…

Get the smelling salts out. Our Queen is swooning again. The drama of it all!

Franglais:

robroy:
‘‘Not directly caused by humans’’?

Ohh God…

Get the smelling salts out. Our Queen is swooning again. The drama of it all!

Ahh right, so you can’t explain your riduculous theory,.so.resort to a childish retort.
Got it.

Lifted from some official website?
So it must be a correct definition…ok.
Carry on.

robroy:
.so.resort to a childish retort.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

robroy:

:laughing: Ok let’s just leave it, …I ain’t really bothered anyway,.it’s just that your general sweeping statements on everything,.trivial or important, with you arrogantly thinking that we should all just go along with it, thinking they are true, just because you do, kinda irritates me a bit, but there ya go.

But at least next time you come out with ‘a load of ■■■■■■■■’ and somebody challenges you on it (childishly or otherwise) the courtesy of an explanation would be appropriate I would think…you ain’t usually shy on putting links up to ‘‘prove’’ your theories.
Cheers anyway.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

robroy:

[emoji38] Ok let’s just leave it, …I ain’t really bothered anyway,.it’s just that your general sweeping statements on everything,.trivial or important, with you arrogantly thinking that we should all just go along with it, thinking they are true, just because you do, kinda irritates me a bit, but there ya go.

But at least next time you come out with ‘a load of ■■■■■■■■’ and somebody challenges you on it (childishly or otherwise) the courtesy of an explanation would be appropriate I would think…you ain’t usually shy on putting links up to ‘‘prove’’ your theories.
Cheers anyway.

I thought it was generally accepted that the official name for a Road Traffic Accident had been changed to a Road Traffic Collision, based on the fact that there is generally* always somebody at fault, therefore it wasn’t an accident.

*100% imho.

Don’t know mate, it all sounds a bit pedantic to me anyway.

My point was (also pedantic btw :smiley: ) how can an accident of any type be defined as ‘Not something caused by humans’'.
We will never know. :smiley:

robroy:
Don’t know mate, it all sounds a bit pedantic to me anyway.

My point was (also pedantic btw :smiley: ) how can an accident of any type be defined as ‘Not something caused by humans’'.
We will never know. :smiley:

If, whilst driving along, a mechanical failure (blow out, wheel breaking of, brake failure etc etc) cause loss if control and a collision, that would not be caused directly by the human behind the wheel. Likewise, a piece of masonry falling of a building, a tree falling over, etc etc.

Put away the smelling salts.

I propose a new “buzz word bingo” game. First one to get all the usual drama Queens on their card to pipe up in a thread wins…

Why is it that the truck driver is always the one who gets arrested and end up spending the night in jail? Surely they should caution all of the drivers involved and once they have concluded their investigation they should prosecute the driver responsible

peirre:
Why is it that the truck driver is always the one who gets arrested and end up spending the night in jail? Surely they should caution all of the drivers involved and once they have concluded their investigation they should prosecute the driver responsible

elsa Lad:
I noticed one car was totally squashed in from the back. I thought a lorry had hit it from behind.

Of course, it might be possible that the car driver reversed at high speed into the front of the lorry.

I’ll leave the accident investigation to the police and not TNUK CSI

peirre:
I’ll leave the accident investigation to the police and not TNUK CSI

I agree, , but just to say, :wink: it does not necessarily mean the trucker is at fault, .(despite already being condemned to death by Judge Frangers QC…and despite the fact that humans were involved. :laughing: …sorry. :blush: )

Ok, he could may well have been tailgating, or on other hand the car driver’s fault after maybe a brake test :bulb: …after a bit of pre collision history.?
Who knows, as you say leave it to the accident investigation guys.