Cpc question

Just booked an online CPC course using a different provider as the one I used for the last two isn’t running courses this weekend.

When doing the registration there’s a dropdown box below JAUPT section asking me to select either C1/D1, but not Class C which is what I drive (concrete mixer).

It’s not clear whether this is just relating to the JAUPT bit or is a general question about what I drive.

It doesn’t say the course is for specifically for C1 but if so I’m wondering whether it would still count towards my CPC as a Class C driver?

I just completed my next 5yrs online (driverhire) and they always ask for c1 dates, seems the standard practice. I am c e licence

Possibly because C1 and D1 are the minimum licence categories which require DCPC; I would assume that the actual course would be the same for C1 as it is for C and C+E?

What are the online courses like? Do they just get straight on with it or are they wasting endless hours with “everybody introduce yourself”, “has anybody got a story to share?” like they would in a classroom?

JeffA:
What are the online courses like? Do they just get straight on with it or are they wasting endless hours with “everybody introduce yourself”, “has anybody got a story to share?” like they would in a classroom?

I had 3 different instructors over the 5 courses, 1 was good other 2 were ok.

I did the evening courses, 2 3½hr over 2 days. I wouldn’t want to do a 7hr one. Some people interacted with the instructor, then people like me had the pc on but spent most of the tine messing with my iPad :blush:

Found it better than sitting in a classroom with a bunch of strangers, but very pleased its finished now for a few years.