Day rate 'After tax'?

adam277:

tmcassett:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
As opposed to driving an artic a couple of hours each way up the road to a hub and the rest the shift working as a warehouse labourer for not much more in real terms.

I do love your persistence with this myth of yours :smiley: I bet you were a legendary first class b****hitter when you were a driver :smiley:

He still is a driver, just one that now has the privilege of earning the princely sum of £9 an hour for driving banger cars round the country and being run ragged with 18 hour days trade plating! :smiley:

Considering £9 is not even the min wage I kinda doubt it. I suspect the wage is more like £10.50 an hour as I’ve seen the jobs appear quite often in Tilbury.
Never seen ‘banger’ cars being driven by them either. Usually its brand new Mercs or Beemers. They often still have the plastic peel on the roof/bumpers.
Maybe Carryfast movies pre-owned vehicles though, who knows. It doesn’t seem like a bad job to be honest, other than having to use public transport to get back home lol.
I did consider being a trade plate driver for HGVs tbh.

I’m just quoting Carryfast himself on the £9 an hour as that’s the figure he gave further up this thread. I’m not convinced it’s a glamorous job based on the high turnover of people doing it. Plus I know a couple of people who tried it and my description above is based on their experience of it (Okay the 18 hours a day bit was a bit tongue in cheek) but the hours are generally excessive.

Maybe there is a glamorous side to it driving top end cars round and working 8-9 hours a day that pays well. But if there is it will be one of those desirable jobs where employment would be on recommendation and attitude and Carryfast has shown on here that he would fail both those criteria miserably.