Aggressive Drivers

Over the past month i have noticed drivers being more aggressive and erratic on our roads, to the point of everyday is becoming like the wacky races even on a sunday! I think that the cost of living crisis is the reason why this is happening and people are fed up and this reflects in their driving style. Its a bloody warzone out there at the moment :open_mouth: .
Anyone else witnessed this recently?

Isnā€™t this just normal for road users, they think they are safe in their bubble on the road. But none of them would act this why in a supermarket queue?

Not just on the road mate, itā€™s a problem with society.
If you want to investigate the cause in depth, it starts with crap parenting and even schooling.
Many parents today at the lower end of the scale donā€™t teach their kids basic manners, this has gone on for I would say 1 to 2 generations, so many adults are just pig ā– ā– ā– ā–  ignorant when it comes to good manners, courtesy and social skills.

As for schools discipline is scarce, and punishment virtually non existent, and the day to day discipline has just dropped gradually and considerably since corporal punishment was bannedā€¦(cue the lefty minded, but I ainā€™t talking about beating kids to a pulp but a deterrent sharp smack across the fingers or on the arseā€¦it always worked for the likes of me anyhow.)

People are more aggressive nowadays, and go off on one at the drop of a hat, and what was once saved as a last resort in a fight situation is now widely a first option.
I dabbled with a bit of door work in the past, but would I ā– ā– ā– ā–  do it now with the widespread carrying of knives.

So then it filters down to on the road, instead of people letting you out, or in, they would rather block you, and call you a w#####r for attempting to get where you want to.
Only lat week on the Barnstaple Tiverton road for example, I was fastly approaching a slow moving tractor with my indicators on, no cars would let me out, but I saw an artic approaching thinking he will., I kinda slowly edged out waiting for the flash, but no he chose to blast his ā– ā– ā– ā–  air horns at me insteadā€¦drivers and ā– ā– ā– ā–  screwdrivers. :unamused:

So there you have Robā€™s social history and modern society analysis for this week, youā€™re welcome :sunglasses: . :laughing:

robroy:
If you want to investigate the cause in depth, it starts with crap parenting and even schooling.
Many parents today at the lower end of the scale donā€™t teach their kids basic manners, this has gone on for I would say 1 to 2 generations, so many adults are just pig [zb] ignorant when it comes to good manners, courtesy and social skills.

As for schools discipline is scarce, and punishment virtually non existent, and the day to day discipline has just dropped gradually and considerably since corporal punishment was bannedā€¦(cue the lefty minded, but I ainā€™t talking about beating kids to a pulp but a deterrent sharp smack across the fingers or on the arseā€¦it always worked for the likes of me anyhow.)

People are more aggressive nowadays, and go off on one at the drop of a hat, and what was once saved as a last resort in a fight situation is now widely a first option.
I dabbled with a bit of door work in the past, but would I [zb] do it now with the widespread carrying of knives.

So then it filters down to on the road, instead of people letting you out, or in, they would rather block you, and call you a w#####r for attempting to get where you want to.
Only lat week on the Barnstaple Tiverton road for example, I was fastly approaching a slow moving tractor with my indicators on, no cars would let me out, but I saw an artic approaching thinking he will., I kinda slowly edged out waiting for the flash, but no he chose to blast his [zb] air horns at me insteadā€¦drivers and [zb] screwdrivers. :unamused:

So there you have Robā€™s social history and modern society analysis for this week, youā€™re welcome :sunglasses: . :laughing:

Spot on there Rob, could not put it better myself

Iā€™ve noticed it. As well as a decline in manners also, itā€™s been that way since after lockdown and getting worse (feels like it anyway)

The number of other lorry drivers driving aggressively is obscene also, lane 3 of 3 or 4 of 4 overtakes and things like that. I seen a Scania V8 flying up the middle lane of the A1M the other week missing his near side mirror and his door smashed in down that side.

Iā€™m starting to feel like I need to get off the road as between the knob head aggressive driving, being treated like meat on a seat, less jobs opening and the wages dropping back, itā€™s getting me down to be honest. I just donā€™t have an idea of something else to do to earn a living :laughing:

robroy:

My Mrs goes mad at me for saying this. I say it more and more.

So when I say ā€œthis is everything that is wrong with societyā€ I know Iā€™m not on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:
Many parents today at the lower end of the scale donā€™t teach their kids basic manners, this has gone on for I would say 1 to 2 generations, so many adults are just pig [zb] ignorant when it comes to good manners, courtesy and social skills.

I dabbled with a bit of door work in the past, but would I [zb] do it now with the widespread carrying of knives.

Only lat week on the Barnstaple Tiverton road for example, I was fastly approaching a slow moving tractor with my indicators on, no cars would let me out, but I saw an artic approaching thinking he will., I kinda slowly edged out waiting for the flash, but no he chose to blast his [zb] air horns at me insteadā€¦drivers and [zb] screwdrivers. :unamused:

Trouble is, Rob, so many car drivers donā€™t have enough common sense to respond to a flash of headlights. They need a written invitation with step by step instructions.

AnotherDriver:
Over the past month i have noticed drivers being more aggressive and erratic on our roads, to the point of everyday is becoming like the wacky races even on a sunday! I think that the cost of living crisis is the reason why this is happening and people are fed up and this reflects in their driving style. Its a bloody warzone out there at the moment :open_mouth: .

A particular thing I witness quite often is the ā€˜refusal to let you out to overtake scenarioā€™. My observations are that (surprise surprise) van drivers are the worst for this but cars deliberately speed up to force you not to come out.

I had an incident like this a couple of years ago, bloody Geordie scrubber, forced me onto the hard shoulder, I then, when she got out to mouth me off, drove off. She then forced me to stop in the fast lane of the M73 with all and sundry honking at me.

The police were called but I saw my opportunity and went. Police later contacted me and as usual werenā€™t interested. She accused me of hitting her car. There was no evidence yet her car was being driven on false trade plates and no rear reg plate.

The cctv data on the truck went to the insurers. They never heard from her.

I just force myself out in the end with these prats. I have cctv on the truck and I know when they speed up deliberately. If they want to argue fine. I am not going to be bullied on the road or anywhere else in life they can just foxtrot oscar.

The other common thing is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  doing this on a dual 3 or 4 m-way when either the outside lane or both outside lanes are err empty!! Had an ethnic do this on the M25 the other week. In the end managed to overtake ā€˜itā€™ and back to the n/s lane. If you have ever had the misfortune of visiting Jamaica it explains it all. Indeed I have come to the conclusion that a significant majority of ethnic drivers havenā€™t a bleeding scooby on how to drive. Just arrogant or ignorant or both. No doubt they have their own test and highway code.

robroy:

Another vote for spot on.

There have always been aggressive drivers, as there have always been aggressive people.

Cameras and www mean we see more of them on screen, and as we get older* we will have seen more of such behaviour in our lives.

Is there more aggression? Or is the same amount more widely seen?

*Grumpy old git, is not a coincidence!

AnotherDriver:

I wish Iā€™d just noticed it over the past few months. :laughing: Driving standards have been dropping year by year of maybe day be day now. Very few with manners and next to no courtesy. Many causes.
And as for blaming everyone but themselves. Donā€™t get me started. :imp:

robroy:

Excellent post, only one bit I would slightly disagree with is discipline in schools. There still is discipline however it canā€™t be implemented as well as it used to be. Teachers have their hands tied and have to be extremely careful with their actions. The majority of kids know exactly what they can do and get away with.

Society is doomed. :wink:

Iā€™m starting to feel like I need to get off the road as between the knob head aggressive driving, being treated like meat on a seat, less jobs opening and the wages dropping back, itā€™s getting me down to be honest. I just donā€™t have an idea of something else to do to earn a living :laughing:
[/quote]
My main aim is to finish my shift alive, even thought i take pride in my job iā€™m not bothered about being late for delivery now.
Ive been thinking about change of jobs too, preferably something thats not going to be replaced by robots :unamused: and earning 35-60k

ive a few jobs that i could do with not much training or qualifications involved:

Gardener/landscaping
Driving instructor
Proffesional Car Detailer
Estate Agent
window cleaner/ commercial/residential
sales agent

Sand Fisher:

AnotherDriver:

A particular thing I witness quite often is the ā€˜refusal to let you out to overtake scenarioā€™. My observations are that (surprise surprise) van drivers are the worst for this but cars deliberately speed up to force you not to come out.

I had an incident like this a couple of years ago, bloody Geordie scrubber, forced me onto the hard shoulder, I then, when she got out to mouth me off, drove off. She then forced me to stop in the fast lane of the M73 with all and sundry honking at me.

The police were called but I saw my opportunity and went. Police later contacted me and as usual werenā€™t interested. She accused me of hitting her car. There was no evidence yet her car was being driven on false trade plates and no rear reg plate.

The cctv data on the truck went to the insurers. They never heard from her.

I just force myself out in the end with these prats. I have cctv on the truck and I know when they speed up deliberately. If they want to argue fine. I am not going to be bullied on the road or anywhere else in life they can just foxtrot oscar.

The other common thing is [zb] doing this on a dual 3 or 4 m-way when either the outside lane or both outside lanes are err empty!! Had an ethnic do this on the M25 the other week. In the end managed to overtake ā€˜itā€™ and back to the n/s lane. If you have ever had the misfortune of visiting Jamaica it explains it all. Indeed I have come to the conclusion that a significant majority of ethnic drivers havenā€™t a bleeding scooby on how to drive. Just arrogant or ignorant or both. No doubt they have their own test and highway code.

Other drivers are forcing you where you donā€™t want to go? I think there are alternatives that are far safer but you may need to help. :wink:

Its the GTA generation coming through.

I do wonder out of the millions on the road at any given time how many have ā€œtracesā€ in their system :question:

Iā€™m one of the old school - any professional driver should be aware of others in the job and help when possible, make the day easier what with all the stuff heaped on us nowadays.

But not you, taxi drivers, sorry.

Shame to see how standards have slipped over the years.

i reckon drug drivings really rife eadt.co.uk/news/crime/a14-i ā€¦ es-9284624
this was today

shullbit:

Whatā€™s the GTA generation?

robroy:

And another vote for spot on there. I was thinking this myself the other night stuck on the M1 diversion of all places. Its everywhere, all through society. The me, me and a bit more of me Iā€™m alright Jack attitude. I was actually laughed at for using manners tonight lol.
Youā€™ll always get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  but there are more of them around now for sure I find.

peterm:

shullbit:

Whatā€™s the GTA generation?

Grand Theft Auto is a video game, itā€™s primarily driving whatever you want however you want, including treating 'hoes however you want. Theyā€™re on version 5 now with 6 coming soon. First launched 1997 so thereā€™s a good 20 years of it influencing the youngsters.