Not as much work as last year

I’ve recently been made redundant and am in the process of finding a new job. I’ve managed to get a new job but there were definitely not as many options as there were last year. I was looking for work at around the same time last year and my phone was ringing all the time with job offers, not so this year. Not sure if it’s a slowdown in the economy or just my area (central scotland).
Plenty agencies advertising but can’t guarantee a full week. Looks like the driver shortage is well and truly over.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

I’ve also noticed this. I’m not as desperate to change jobs as you but looking on indeed there is barely anything.

I’m in Wakefield.

Sadly this is a result of the Gov panicking & allowing anyone & everyone to become a lorry steerer. Other factors don’t help, trainers encouraging new drivers to dive into credit card debt to get on the road, warehouse to wheels garbage tying you in for 2 or 3 years, bullshining everywhere on the media about our £50k easy jobs etc.

Noticing more and more lady drivers and more and more from the ethnic minorities too.

Enjoy the latest era of decade long wage stagnation from 2022 onwards folks. Glad I’m financially diverse because this job is a steaming pile of cack.

We’re heading into a recession, and there’s a huge glut of new passes flooding the industry thanks to Gov.uk’s propaganda drive last year.

I’m seeing class 1 jobs advertised at £11.50p/h again… nights.

uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=8de349 … serp&vjs=3

HGV 1 Drivers- Bellshill
M8 Staffing
22 reviews
Bellshill
Job details
Salary
£9.70 - £10.20 an hour
Fair pay, according to 70% of employee reviews
Job type
Full-time
Temporary contract

Just been posted on indeed [emoji2962]

The Mexican:
HGV 1 Drivers- Bellshill
M8 Staffing
22 reviews
Bellshill
Job details
Salary
£9.70 - £10.20 an hour
Job type
Full-time
Temporary contract

Fair pay for a trolley Wally or shelf stacker or a litter picker not a HGV driver

The Mexican:
HGV 1 Drivers- Bellshill
M8 Staffing
22 reviews
Bellshill
Job details
Salary
£9.70 - £10.20 an hour
Job type
Full-time
Temporary contract

How can 70% say thats fair lol.

Newstart90:

The Mexican:
HGV 1 Drivers- Bellshill
M8 Staffing
22 reviews
Bellshill
Job details
Salary
£9.70 - £10.20 an hour
Job type
Full-time
Temporary contract

Fake reviews I’d guess.

Newstart90:

70%…

Didn’t say a word. It’s a complete lie and a total agency fabrication.

Agencies don’t ask questions of that nature. If they did the replies would be along the lines of 'I want a better hourly rate '.

Definitely quieter. JLR is the bulk of our work so it’s been up and down since the outbreak of the China Virus really. The amount of other work available to us has definitely reduced this year though.

No doubt we’ll get Winseer on soon enough to tell us how a downturn is great for work and will increase his pay while simultaneously allowing hom to pick up the “premium” work :unamused:

It`s half past September already.
Christmas rush anywhere?

Franglais:
It`s half past September already.
Christmas rush anywhere?

It is unusually quite in my area. Which makes the prospect of Christmas rates seem unlikely.
We are driven by people buying tat. So, when people don’t because they can not afford it, then it is an issue :stuck_out_tongue:.

I’m sure…

Many shops will be full of tacky imported dancing Santa’s as well as other cheap and awful Christmas tat.

ezydriver:
I’m seeing class 1 jobs advertised at £11.50p/h again… nights.

uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=8de349 … serp&vjs=3

So, my prediction from last year has sadly come true :unamused: Not that it was a hard one to see

The Mexican:
I’ve recently been made redundant and am in the process of finding a new job. I’ve managed to get a new job but there were definitely not as many options as there were last year. I was looking for work at around the same time last year and my phone was ringing all the time with job offers, not so this year. Not sure if it’s a slowdown in the economy or just my area (central scotland).
Plenty agencies advertising but can’t guarantee a full week. Looks like the driver shortage is well and truly over.

I’ve had agency work where they guarantee work , I’ve even carried on working when there own drivers were furloughed off , try companies own agencies
The only catch is your really one of there employees but get none of the benefits a actual employed driver gets , holiday pay , sick pay etc , though my rate was £7 ph more than a employed driver .
I’m not guaranteed work now but they want more days out of me not less !!

We’ve been quieter down in Devon the last few months, there have been a couple of spikes but there’s a general feeling of trouble looming.
We did get the pay rise we were promised in March but I think that’s the end of the gravy train for a few years now, I’ve been with the same firm for 22 years so I reckon my job is pretty safe so I’m quite happy to have things a bit easier after the craziness of the past two years.
Some of the shops we deliver too are planning to sell Christmas stock before the end of October as they reckon people won’t be spending after that in preparation for energy bills.

Missus works in a small family owned garden center and she says that they have halved the order of stocks and plants as they have already seen a slowdown in spending in the shop.

Definitely very quiet at the moment. Even the text messages from the agency have completely dried up and I used to get 2-3 a day up until about a month or so ago. What with energy bills and the interest rate rises I reckon folk are really tightening their belts.

I`m still getting drivers looking for work who are totally off the scale with their “demands”, and they also seem to be oblivious to what is coming down the tracks with the WORLDWIDE economy :unamused:

As my old boss used to say " every gravy train has a siding", too many need to get real PDQ if they are to come out the other side in one piece :wink: