Number plates with name on in windscreen

Does anyone on here have them? And if you do - why?

I personally never have for the simple reason that if I ■■■■ up, I don’t want my name visible. Last thing I need after whacking a 14ft bridge with my 16ft trailer is my “2 Inch Bob” number plate on display telling everyone that Bob with a big ■■■■ has ■■■■■■ up.

But after just seeing a Scottish Potato Haulier this morning with “sickboi” on a number plate, I’ve realised I also don’t do it because you just look a ■■■■ :laughing:

So best and worst you have seen:

Worst - “sickboi” Why? Just Why?

Best - “Bag House Dave” Actually made me laugh to be fair but doesn’t paint us all in a great light :laughing:

Every time I see one regardless of what it says I just read ‘■■■■■’ instead

40 years ago every other lorry had one saying “dilligaf”, bit boring after the first couple
Bernard

Had one years ago… Llamedos …
Spell it in reverse,

albion1938:
40 years ago every other lorry had one saying “dilligaf”, bit boring after the first couple
Bernard

Does that mean something?

I once had the pleasure of taking out a unit with the numberplate"bum ■■■■■■ again" on the rear wing.
I covered it over with gaffer tape.

Does It Look Like I Give A Fork. Dilligaf. Kevin Wilson songs a good song about it and.other songs .
Not for youngsters though as lot of swearing but look him up if you want something funny to listen to

Couple of lads at our place have their names on.
Just so they don’t keep getting called ‘drive’
I sort of get that.

Wasn’t it a hang over from CB. So you could get on 1 9, and tell Sickboi his doors were open and he was shedding boxes on the M6?

edd1974:
Does It Look Like I Give A Fork. Dilligaf. Kevin Wilson songs a good song about it and.other songs .
Not for youngsters though as lot of swearing but look him up if you want something funny to listen to

Santa Claus you ****, where’s my bike? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edd1974:

Just have, and from now on…its D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F from me [emoji4] cheers.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

I remember in the eighties,young people had their names on the car windscreens.It looked so cool at the time but now,I dont know seems a bit naff now…

I’ve seen a few LED ones recently. A bit like fairy lights in the cab, I just don’t get it.

The one I’ve never understood is women with obviously female names on their windscreen plates, who leave them visible when parked up overnight. Just seems like inviting trouble, to me. But then I also always drew the curtains as soon as I stopped, so it was less obvious to anyone passing that I was female and alone. To be fair though, I did have to get followed in truck parks a few times before I started doing the latter, so… shrugs

To a lot of drivers it’s there home , so why not , when I was tramping I had flags / scarfs , football shift over passenger seat etc etc , it didn’t harm anyone ( may of offended some Bristol city fan ) & it just made it feel more like my home ( I often have my flags hanging img out the windows at home ) much to the annoyance of my
Mrs / neighbours .
I guess the same people moaning about name plates are the same ones who paint every room at home magnolia & drive a grey car

Noremac:
I’ve seen a few LED ones recently. A bit like fairy lights in the cab, I just don’t get it.

Nope, neither do I. Each to their own I suppose but as someone else said some just think “numpty” :laughing:

Lucy:
The one I’ve never understood is women with obviously female names on their windscreen plates, who leave them visible when parked up overnight.

Yep .I’ve often thought that myself, it just makes them more vulnerable to any nut jobs that prowl around.

jakethesnake:

Noremac:

Nope, neither do I. Each to their own I suppose but as someone else said some just think “numpty” :laughing:

Haha it was a word beginning with n, a word for a child molester, but the forum filtered it out :slight_smile:

Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise

I find them ridiculous and childish at best. Do they have one at home too stuck on their front window?