My faith in humanity restored

Well this doesn’t happen often .
Was doing some shunting of machines for a company up north so I new nothing about them they didn’t know me .
So basically loading machines from there old site strapping and securing and delivering to there new site about 5 miles away . Planned as a 2 day job .
At the end of the first day I say to the boss is it ok to park around here on this estate as it did seem pretty quiet .
He replies don’t worry about that park in our yard tonight I will lock the gate but leave you the keys to the building so you can shower use the toilets etc and help your yourself to tea or coffee in the kitchen .
Also give me key to small gate so I would not be trapped in yard and could go off for a walk if I wanted ( which I did )
Shower and all facilities used by myself overnight and in the morning , brand new building by the way . What a pleasant experience of a night out compared to most nights .
I thank you sir . Happy trucker especially today

There are some good bosses out there, but few and far between.

Had something similar while ago.
Drove from Manchester to Aberdeen with some building supplies to building site. Blocks of flats that were being renovated. Near football ground
Got talking fella said where you off next. Said park up someware for night. He said if you have time can wait about an hour until 4 30 you can park in here for night gates be locked but here’s the code in case you want go out. Canteen and toliets are unlocked feel free to use them…
Plus was warm sunny day and town centre was only 10in walk away .
But yeah does restore your faith in some people.

Should’ve taken a dump in the shower :laughing:

(for the sake of the easily triggered snowflakes, I’m joking)

Many years ago now, I had a regular run to the new Jedda Airport construction site.
First trip (1974) I arrived at a strip of desert with a fence round it - I had the site office furniture & the necessities to get the job going.
Not that long after they had built a housing complex for staff, swimming pool, restaurant/cafetieria and a bar serving Siddiki.

Once the houses were built, as soon as I arrived it was park up over there we’ll tip and rebuild your tilt, you can have that house (fully furnished)
Help yourself to food in the restaurant, use the swimming pool, stay as long as you want till you’re ready to turn round and run home.
I used to have 2 or 3 days there before going home (apart from once arriving Xmas Day and spending a week there), one of the best jobs I ever had.

Just think what you could have had CF if you weren’t such a Sea Hunt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
Just think what you could have had CF if you weren’t such a Sea Hunt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t be so harsh, he had many such opportunities but quite rightly refused them as the axle configuration/ tail swing/ suspension set up was not correct.

Sounds better than my night on the ind est at middlewich when I walked to the leisure centre to discover they don’t do showers anymore wtf ? So back at the lorry I boils the kettle and strips off by the n.s about to pour the kettle over me head when united utilities snow flake pulls up making out he can’t fit through the gap I’ve left :open_mouth: