M18 closed

examinerlive.co.uk/news/loc … y-24765293

No details of what the ‘exploding’ tanker was carrying.

Likely to be closed for repairs till this afternoon, the tanker reported to have hit the central reservation.
Sadly, the driver did not survive the crash.
R.I.P.

Rip to the driver. Can only hope it was a medical episode and he knew nothing about it. Does not bear thinking about.

One of the reasons why I would not want to drive fuel tankers myself, if something goes wrong badly the risk of something like that happening is high. and yes I’m aware the story doesn’t say it was a fuel tanker, and I’m aware that even a diesel tank with vapours could easily erupt into flames in an accident. That is a bad enough thought.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Multiple comments on Yorkshire Live F/B page report a van changed its mind and decided it didn’t want to come off and swerved back on in front of the Lorry which then swerved and crashed,these are only peoples comments of course but they reckon there’s witnesses to it happening and it’s been reported to police…

R.I.P Driver and condolences to his family….

Yorkielad:
Multiple comments on Yorkshire Live F/B page report a van changed its mind and decided it didn’t want to come off and swerved back on in front of the Lorry which then swerved and crashed,these are only peoples comments of course but they reckon there’s witnesses to it happening and it’s been reported to police…

It would come as no surprise. The driving around J2 in both directions is atrocious.

Yorkielad:

R.I.P Driver and condolences to his family….

If that is true it’s got to better clobbering the vehicle that did that rather than swerving even though it’s a fairly instinctive action to try and avoid it.

Even more sad if turns out to be the van that caused it. Hope if so they get caught and dealt with.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk