Service center , brakes *fixed

Following on from my day spent at the service center to have the brakes done, I am now finding that after the unit has sat for the weekend it’s down on air come Monday morning ( around 5 bar) never did this before they *fixed the brakes, charge the tanks and its then fine for the week, anything to worry about?

Largeperm:
Following on from my day spent at the service center to have the brakes done, I am now finding that after the unit has sat for the weekend it’s down on air come Monday morning ( around 5 bar) never did this before they *fixed the brakes, charge the tanks and its then fine for the week, anything to worry about?

I’d be happy with that. I’ve driven some old bangers that couldn’t hold air while I had lunch. :laughing:

Star down under.:

Largeperm:

I’d be happy with that. I’ve driven some old bangers that couldn’t hold air while I had lunch. :laughing:

I`d agree with that.

Clearly dropping air over a week-end means that it isnt perfect, but if it holds air overnight cant be too bad. I wouldn`t fret, nor want it off the road while a small leak is found.

Don’t think i’ve ever had an artic that could hold a full head of air over a weekend, most have dumped half the pressure overnight, rigids maybe more likely to have fewer losses.

push fittings on trailers are the biggest leaks as in no major leaks but lots of small ones that don’t become obvious until it’s wet which is why I only use Voss fittings now as they are more or less weather proof from ingress of salt ect and don’t leak .

I have been replacing a lot of these over the last two or three years. They seem to last about 4 months before there is a small knick in them and they start to leak ever so slowly.

hgvdirect.co.uk/replacement-o-r … lings.html

cav551:
I have been replacing a lot of these over the last two or three years. They seem to last about 4 months before there is a small knick in them and they start to leak ever so slowly.

hgvdirect.co.uk/replacement-o-r … lings.html

Can’t get the green ones for brass ones that easy though normally have to rob them out of another new fitting .

We run a fleet of 22 plate MAN’s and without fail any of them parked up (solo) over the weekend will be sat on their arses with less than 3 bar of pressure come Monday morning. No audible leaks at all. I wonder if it’s possible that they are leaking into the gearbox?