Fresh Linc .. fast track scheme

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience of working for Fresh linc … good … bad or otherwise

Thanks in advance

What’s your Polish/Romanian/Latvian like? That company’s nickname is Freshlinski. You’ll be one of a handful of British drivers in a company overwhelmingly staffed by Eastern Europeans which should tell you all you need to know about how it’s been run in the past. Mind you that does come with some advantages as the office staff tend to be a lot easier on the eye. :wink:

I don’t think they’re an overwhelmingly badly run company but in the past they were definitely one of the pay the minimum possible and run the drivers ragged but even those companies can turn around if they want to survive, it certainly happened at Reed Boardall I was at 22 year ago when Stobarts opened up a depot and half their drivers left to go there. The fact it appears they’ve started a training programme which very few hauliers still haven’t done despite the shortage suggests a change in thinking at that company. I suspect in regards to hours you’re still going to be banging them in because that’s just the nature of the kind of work they do, most fridge work doing supermarkets is like that.

If you’re a newly minted driver with not a lot of experience or you’ve not got a licence at all and they’re offering you a job take it, the first one or two to get 6-12 months experience are always the hardest to get. Make sure you know what the legal requirements are and remember there’s a two letter word that’s very powerful which a driver can exercise and that’s the word “no” should they turn out to want anything dodgy out of you. You can always look for something else if it turns out to not be what you’re wanting and it’s much easier as a newly minted driver to apply for a job when you’re already doing one.

What’s your Polish/Romanian/Latvian like? That company’s nickname is Freshlinski.

They also run out of Spaldinkski :smiley:

i do specific jobs for them on the agency one is a trailor run up to spalding with a delivery on the way back and possibly a collection. never had issues with them in general the only niggle is one of the people in the traffic office the doles out the work will tell me that my return load isnt ready and they will call me. then 30 seconds later just as i am getting into the unit to park up they call to say its ready.

second job i do is collections from various local places Traffic office dont talk to each other so i frequently get a phone call asking what i was doing that day.

Having said that both places are good at sorting issues either of thier creation or mine on the fly far better than anyother company i have worked for.

There might be Polish drivers looking at this forum.
This sort of rhetoric only helps to create divisions in the workplace and we end up in groups,us and them.We have a lot of Polish at our place too.I dont think Im better than them.I think I have a lot in common

Sploom:
This sort of rhetoric only helps to create divisions in the workplace and we end up in groups,us and them.We have a lot of Polish at our place too.I dont think Im better than them.I think I have a lot in common

It’s not really disparaging the drivers though, more making the statement that the company is low-pay focused.

Sploom:

Christ alive!!, what has anyone said that would offend any Polish reading this?. It’s been stated that the majority of drivers at freshlinc are EE. The adding of the letters Ski at the end of words is just a harmless joke.

Where does this pc wokery culture end?

I’ve not driven for them, but I’d give Spalding 10/10 for speed and efficiency, it’s the only place I’ve been too that can regularly tip 26 pallets in 7 or 8 mins! Although if the comments above about the eastern European workforce is true that explains it.

The ladies at the front desk get 8/10, but there does seem to be some kind off correlation between attractiveness and grumpiness :sunglasses:

Personally, if you are looking for sponsorship or experience as a new driver I wouldn’t be too fussy, best to start the 6-12 month experience grind as soon as possible and make all the new driver ■■■■■■■ and mistakes at a company you don’t intend to stay with long term.

Congratulations to the Fresh Linc fleet manager, love their trucks. Registration above the driver window and trailer numbers on front off side. Now you have to converse even less with grumpy security staff grunting questions at you like Reg ? Trailer Number ? :grimacing:

Personally, if you are looking for sponsorship or experience as a new driver I wouldn’t be too fussy, best to start the 6-12 month experience grind as soon as possible and make all the new driver [zb] and mistakes at a company you don’t intend to stay with long term.
Jibber

Very good advice

This whole thread is full of stereotypical racism.

Judging the standard of one’s driving ability by what country you were born in or the country of one’s perants origin is down right shocking and unacceptable in this day and age .

Sploom:

In all seriousness, the point people are trying to make is the ability to speak and understand at least some of those languages is a big help and goes a long way when it comes to building relationships within the company and getting the more desireable work. Many of those companies typically do not communicate in English internally, unless its exteral communication. Some even speak in Russian, as its a common language they all understand.

spike78:
This whole thread is full of stereotypical racism.

I can absolutely [zb] guarantee that if you go to where I’m at and ask any of the Eastern European drivers there on nights with me and said I’m racist after they’ve finished laughing at you you’ll get told no.

Judging the standard of one’s driving ability by what country you were born in or the country of one’s perants origin is down right shocking and unacceptable in this day and age .

Where was the driving ability of anyone being judged? Please, quote me the part of my post or any responses where the driving ability was being judged. Go on woke boy, crack on. You’re the one reading racism into what I posted so out it.

Nobody’s driving ability was being judged at all but the scummy practices of the company abusing Eastern European drivers by giving them poor wages and poor working conditions, something which is popular in that part of the country and also done just down the road at Fowler Welch as well as many of the food processing companies like Bakavoor absolutely was judged.