Proper Securing for Coffee Loads

dozy:

toonsy:

dozy:

yourhavingalarf:
Best way…

To secure it would be load it into a box trailer.

Obviously common sense is lacking in the transport department and the idea that everything has to be done in a curtain is the only plan they have.

Jesus bloody Christ , you’ll want it putting directly in the bloody cups/ mugs next , it’s a bloody positive fit load , just bung a couple of internals on the back & get on with the bloody job , there’s no thinking about it required , I bet you bloody kids do a bloody risk assessment before you have ■■■

Yeah but the OPs question was specifically about what to do when its NOT a positive fit load…

10 palls is still a positive fit load , 6 is , 14 is , unless they put 4 on the headboard & 6 on the ■■■ end , and if that’s the case then dont take it
If it’s 10 palls stacked from the headboard just stick 2 internals on the back , if you’ve not got any internals , a ratchet
I mean when you do a multi drop you might tip 6 palls , so be left with 20 , those 20 are just as much a positive fit as when there was 26 palls on the lorry .
I’m not be funny toonsy but we’re on about palls of coffee , not a 150 ton excavator ,
And as I said I got stopped by vosa with britvic , ag Barr , Coca Cola etc & they were fine with it.

I get what you’re saying and I understand it completely. To my mind if you’ve got 26 plus as a positive fit, and you cross the internals at the back to stop rear movement, then take away six plts at the first drop, crossing internals behind the remaining 20 is giving more security per pallet as it it would with a full 26 on.

BUT… according to the “rules” once you move the load away from the back door (ie lose 6 of the 26) it ceases to be a positive fit because there’s now a big gap on the load deck.