Middle lane hogger has car seized by police

Used to hate Night trunking and getting these doing 50mph… or the ones that do use the inside lane, then as being overtaken by a HGV decide they can then do 65, then drop to 50 again within a mile or two… absalute pain in the arse and always used to be a certain stero type of driver… and why driving so late…

Middle lane hogger has car seized by police on A3 in Guildford Surrey | Express.co.uk

Wish they would do this more, the amount of times when driving and more when just driving the car these day and outside lane, one of these is sat there massive open road ahead inner lane clear, and a que behind them making it aukward and causing undertaking, the worst, and might just be my own expereince but always seems to be a stero type behind the wheel, gripping it for dear life and just looking eagle eyed ahead…

Should set up cameras to pick these types up too, and actually benefit the rest of us, other than just catching those exceeding the limit.

TonkaBoy:

Used to hate Night trunking and getting these doing 50mph… or the ones that do use the inside lane, then as being overtaken by a HGV decide they can then do 65, then drop to 50 again within a mile or two… absalute pain in the arse and always used to be a certain stero type of driver… and why driving so late…

Middle lane hogger has car seized by police on A3 in Guildford Surrey | Express.co.uk

Wish they would do this more, the amount of times when driving and more when just driving the car these day and outside lane, one of these is sat there massive open road ahead inner lane clear, and a que behind them making it aukward and causing undertaking, the worst, and might just be my own expereince but always seems to be a stero type behind the wheel, gripping it for dear life and just looking eagle eyed ahead…

Should set up cameras to pick these types up too, and actually benefit the rest of us, other than just catching those exceeding the limit.

1 he never had a licence so rightly so lanehogging was irelivant
How do you hog the middle lane of a dual carriageway ?

Wee bit misleading. The car was seized because the driver didn’t have a driving license.

EuRefrigeratedTrans:
Wee bit misleading. The car was seized because the driver didn’t have a driving license.

Yeah nothing to do with lane hogging is it!

Good point, didnt mean to mis-lead, was just happy to see a middle lane hogger being pulled for it.

TonkaBoy:
Good point, didnt mean to mis-lead, was just happy to see a middle lane hogger being pulled for it.

Yeah well it’s a shame they didn’t seize it for the lane hogging, it might make a few others think twice

TonkaBoy:

…because ‘dual’ is referring to the carriageway, not the lanes; therefore you can have 3 lanes on a dual carriageway.
Carriageway & lane are not the same thing with a different name - it is important to know the difference.

drover:

TonkaBoy:

Yeah well it’s a shame they didn’t seize it for the lane hogging, it might make a few others think twice

That would require a change in the law. S165A Road Traffic Act (which gives police authority to seize uninsured etc vehicles) only applies where it is being driven without a licence and/or insurance.

Enlarging this power to allow vehicles to be seized on a whim for any offence would be seen as a step too far.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

drover:

TonkaBoy:

That would require a change in the law. S165A Road Traffic Act (which gives police authority to seize uninsured etc vehicles) only applies where it is being driven without a licence and/or insurance.

Enlarging this power to allow vehicles to be seized on a whim for any offence would be seen as a step too far.

Yep., seizing the car would be a bit ott.
The situation does need sorting btw, proper lane discipline is virtually non existent.
Maybe starting with an old style public info advert campaign, wuth some kind of catchy sound bite that people will remember.
Definitely more high profile Policing of the motorway as it once was, possibly Hato given power to police it would be a start, or maybe they already have?
It’s worse in roadworks where there is a 50 limit, they sit in the middle lane at 40 in a line like some kind of procession which can be frustrating and annoying, …and encourages the clowns in trucks to tailgate …even when there are kids in the back of the offending car. :unamused:

I don’t care about…

What lane anyone else wants to be in. On the rare occasions I catch up with someone who cruises in lane 2, I just do them on the inside. I’m not interested in bullying or trying to educate other road users.

Before the pedants kick off about inside passing, I don’t care. I’m willing to bet that the law would ignore my manoeuvre and nick the lane 2 drifter. Possibly explaining to the miscreants that my left hand pass as was due to their lane discipline.

Roymondo:

drover:

TonkaBoy:

I don’t think that’s true. When I first read the headline, I assumed they had used s.59 anti social driving. One warning then next time (either the same vehicle or driver) and the vehicle can be taken.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

stu675:
When I first read the headline, I assumed they had used s.59 anti social driving. One warning then next time (either the same vehicle or driver) and the vehicle can be taken.

Since when did driving in Lane 2 on a deserted dual carriageway “cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public”?

Roymondo:

stu675:
When I first read the headline, I assumed they had used s.59 anti social driving. One warning then next time (either the same vehicle or driver) and the vehicle can be taken.

Since when did driving in Lane 2 on a deserted dual carriageway “cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public”?

Please refer to OP and various other posts on this thread. I believe “pain in the arse” has been provided as evidence m’lud.

stu675:

Roymondo:

stu675:

Please refer to OP and various other posts on this thread. I believe “pain in the arse” has been provided as evidence m’lud.

He did say…

Deserted. If there’s no one else around they can’t be a pain in the arse.

yourhavingalarf:
I don’t care about…

What lane anyone else wants to be in. On the rare occasions I catch up with someone who cruises in lane 2, I just do them on the inside. I’m not interested in bullying or trying to educate other road users.

Before the pedants kick off about inside passing, I don’t care. I’m willing to bet that the law would ignore my manoeuvre and nick the lane 2 drifter. Possibly explaining to the miscreants that my left hand pass as was due to their lane discipline.

Exactly what i do, don’t know why anybody gets worked up about it, just crack on :laughing:

robthedog:

TonkaBoy:

1 he never had a licence so rightly so lanehogging was irelivant

Ah, you’re making the mistake of assuming that the word duel refers to the number of lanes. It doesn’t it means it is a road of two separate uni-directional carriageways that contain one or more lanes on each side of the central reservation/barrier.

In highways speak you can have dual one (rare), two, three or more.