Hours Help…..

Ok, don’t post on here that much, and as a driver of some experience I’m reluctant to ask but to be honest I’m stumped.

This is on behalf of a former colleague who’s frankly lost track.

This lad has worked the following.
6 days away with pay back 3 day break from a previous 6 shift.
5 nights away with a 24 break
6 days on nights finishing 6am on Sunday.
Return 6am Tuesday until 5pm Wednesday, the job switched to nights so he didn’t card in until 7:30am on the Saturday to take the kit back to the yard, down time was in a hotel, but was over 45 hours and was a break as he was not involved in the night shift, he just took his truck back to base on the Saturday until 11:00am.
Back in 5am on the Monday for a relatively normal daily day shift, can he work until Saturday?
Before we have the usual “ over worked slave” or “ I wouldn’t work those hours, where’s the union” comments, believe me, he’s taking well north of 55k as the job requires emergency cover as and when, cover that normally involves nice hotels and to be fair no work, it’s not unusual to spend 7 days or more in a hotel and not turn a wheel whilst on stand by or a week at a festival with access all areas and a day off to use it.His monthly take home during the summer is over 4K it is due to the commitment.
My confusion is……does the mid week 45 restart the week and turn him on to a Saturday 5 day shift finishing on Thursday or, is he clean to do a full week as he’s done 2x45 despite the “calendar” 6 shift and finish in the Friday……■■

If I’m understanding this correctly he had a 45 weekly rest period finishing on Wednesday evening, he never worked again until Saturday morning when he did a few hours to return the vehicle to base before having Sunday off, he then starts work on Monday morning and wants to work until Saturday.

Yes that looks fine to me.

His new six periods of 24 hours begins on Monday when he returns to work after a weekly rest period (reduced or regular) on Saturday pm/Sunday.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

As long as he keeps to the rule that you need to have a 45 in one fixed week (Monday to Sunday) and a 24 in the next and doesn’t do more than 6 days in a row, he will be fine.

Additional rests are fine and do reset the 6 days. Say if you take a 45 and then work for a couple of days, you can take a 24 that wasn’t strictly necessary and then follow that with 6 days straight if you want. The 24 is still a weekly rest that can split periods of continuously working, it is just that you are using the 45 to satisfy the weekly rest rules.

I think your friend is clear to work the 6 days, but remember we haven’t seen his exact working schedule and are just going by what we understand from your post.