Stobarts

Hello,
I am looking to get into driving and was thinking stobarts would be worth a punt as its been a while away from the wheel so would take any place that are happy to gives experience.

My only issue is the introduction of driver facing cameras.

Does stobart have drivers facing, dash cams or external cameras installed as I don’t wish to be micro managed for scratching my head whilst driving

Only external cameras !

Start as you mean to go on and DO NOT drive
A truck with driver facing cameras.
Have some self respect

I have a mate on Stobarts,.he’s been there for ■■■■ years, done everything on there and loves it,.(well ‘love’’ may be stretching it a bit, but he’s well content)
I also know the (or one of the ) longest serving drivers who has been there since the 80s,.so it can’t be all bad.
No inward facing cameras,
I’m told it’s like everywhere else,.they only push you if you’re daft enough to let them, so if you do get a start set your own sensible pace and stick to it.
That’s what I’m told anyway.

Anyhow according to our mate Conor on here, the firms with driver facing (full on snoop type) cameras are the best,.and the better paid. :smiley: :unamused:

Driver facing cameras, nothing a dab of Vaseline can’t fix. :wink:

Star down under.:
Driver facing cameras, nothing a dab of Vaseline can’t fix. :wink:

Is that for lubing-up purposes before you tell 'em to stick it where the sun don’t shine…?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

You couldn’t make it up , you’ve got a op asking a question about a firm that doesn’t exist anymore , then a load piling in with answers , including mates who are still enjoying working for them
I didn’t think much to the job , but seems some did , and arnt going to accept stobarts are gone until they cut the green shirt off of them !!!

Thanks for the replies guys

dozy:
You couldn’t make it up , you’ve got a op asking a question about a firm that doesn’t exist anymore , then a load piling in with answers , including mates who are still enjoying working for them
I didn’t think much to the job , but seems some did , and arnt going to accept stobarts are gone until they cut the green shirt off of them !!!

Bit pedantic doze, ok.Stobarts are now Culina, but they are still known widely rightly or wrongly as ‘Stobarts’…and they still have ‘Stobarts,’ printed on the truck doors.
Same depots,.same managers, same planners same drivers afaik.

As for my comments about the guys I know who work there,.I can’t help it if their account and opinions about the job and how they do it are different to yours now can I. :neutral_face:

Isn’t the forums resident member with the highest number of different company uniforms working for them?

dozy:

“they’ve re-badged it you fool, I’m not driving a Stobartsl”

Don’t worry Dozy I’m sure that will go straight over your head and possibly many others.

Only people who have watched I’m Alan Partridge will get the reference.

youtu.be/7thvLM-PjUs

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

dozy:

I think Stobart still exists. Been working for them last few days, name still on trucks, buildings, paper work and f you go and collect, collections are still under the name of Stobart. Although newer trucks are now white and have a name Culina, most of the trailers still carry the stobart name, in fact I have only seen a couple of box vans with the name Culina Group on them.

Web site is still ative too

eddiestobart.com/

Bury your bloody heads in sand , the facts are Culina own them lock
Stock & barrel , stobart don’t exist anymore , there gone
I bet you lot still talk about what a happy marriage you’ve got to the women you divorced 20 yrs ago !!

robroy:

dozy:

Bit pedantic doze, ok.Stobarts are now Culina, but they are still known widely rightly or wrongly as ‘Stobarts’…and they still have ‘Stobarts,’ printed on the truck doors.
Same depots,.same managers, same planners same drivers afaik.

As for my comments about the guys I know who work there,.I can’t help it if their account and opinions about the job and how they do it are different to yours now can I. :neutral_face:[/quote
I better go and hand my car back to sandicliffe Notting ham as there name is on the back window , reg plates , old tax disc holder & all of the paper work , bit ■■■■■■ off though as I gave them 6k for the car , not as much as culina though , they’ve paid millions for stobarts and don’t own them
Being serious rob , I just find it really strange there questions about stobarts , yet over the years there’s been 1000,s of firms who’ve been brought out & we never get those question , when was the last question about working for Norbert dressangle , Irlams, nft ?
My opinion is the op chucked the bait , and you & few other took it hook , line & sinker , it’s good though we’ve a few ( me being one ) who can see through this rubbish ( I’d do a winking emoji but I’m banned from doing them )

dozy:
I bet you lot still talk about what a happy marriage you’ve got to the women you divorced 20 yrs ago !!

:laughing:

dozy:

:laughing:
Ffs doze, it’s a name !, …does it really matter.?
They’ll always be known as Stobarts’ irrespective of who the latest or new owners are.

What now for the Stobart spotters crew

atlas man:

They will remain a bunch of freaks.

dozy:

So Scania which owned by Volkswagon for example I believe does not exist, what about Range Rover which is owned by Tata, or Asda which is owned by Issa Brothers and TDR Capital now previously Walmart?

toonsy:

atlas man:

They will remain a bunch of freaks.

:smiley: