M180 Closed 2/8/22 Both Directions

AVOID. Current as at 11:00 2/8/22.

"The M180 has been closed in both directions following a serious crash, National Highways has said.
The motorway has been shut between junction 2 for Belton and junction 3 for Scunthorpe for a number of hours.
Drivers have been warned to expect long delays, with a diversion route being advertised, external.
“[The road] is likely to be closed for a number of hours to allow for collision investigation works to be completed,” a National Highways spokesperson said.
Drivers were first alerted to to reports of a collision at about 07:30 BST on Tuesday.
National Highways initially said only the eastbound carriageway was closed, however, the road is now closed in both directions.
“There is heavy congestion on the diversion route in both directions, particularly near to Gunness on the A18 which may affect your journey times,” the agency added. "

Now open again.

i was stuck in that…10 minutes from the store i was delivering to…took me 4 hours to get there :frowning:

i was stuck in that…10 minutes from the store i was delivering to…took me 4 hours to get there :frowning:

oops :confused:

So was that 20 minutes and 8 hours then? :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
So was that 20 minutes and 8 hours then? :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:
got turned around on the m/way…back westbound on eastbound c/way,off at j.2,joined the massive queue on the A18 thru’ Althorp and over a narrow bowstring type bridge…first time on that route!