Flash on motorway m6 south j11-j10

Travelling at 56 past smart camera on motorway, laps of concentration……
Signs reading 50, saw flash and realised, my fault and will accept what ever comes through the post……

My question is, the part of the motorway I got this flash on has no speed indicators on the tarmac as they do further on j10 m6 onwards ( sound bound )
Does a speed camera need to have these markers in the floor to be able to prove the speed in which the vehicle was travelling?

Thanks In advance for any information on this [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

A lot of the motorway cameras have no floor markings.

Ken.

I got flashed on the M4 when there was definitely no restriction in place, so they’d better not send me a ticket for my 56!

If it only flashed once it was a calibration flash nowt to worry about

Well this wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. Disappointed again. :cry:

lmp198181:
Signs reading 50, saw flash and realised, my fault and will accept what ever comes through the post……

My question is, the part of the motorway I got this flash on has no speed indicators on the tarmac as they do further on j10 m6 onwards ( sound bound )
Does a speed camera need to have these markers in the floor to be able to prove the speed in which the vehicle was travelling?

If its a variable speed limit how would the put it on the tarmac? Or am i missing something.

There are cameras flashing on drivers at the monent,even when you arent speeding,so you might be alright

Newstart90:

lmp198181:

If its a variable speed limit how would the put it on the tarmac? Or am i missing something.

Parallel lines painted on the tarmac so the distance you have travelled, inbetween the flashes a set time apart, can be calculated.

The painted roundel on the floor with a speed limit never has any legal effect, it’s just a reminder.

Flashed me same place on Friday, few hours later on way bk northbound m6 one of the info boards said something about camera testing… can’t quite remember the actual wordage. So fingers crossed that’s all it was.