Bus lanes in Newcastle

Do the cameras work ( I guess they do ) , what’s the fine ?
There was diversion signs , road works , do they take that into account
Should of took the tunnel at £3 is it ( never been through it ) would of been cheaper
Oh well at least it’s last day of week

If you’re talking about the John Dobson street bus lane, yes, the cameras are back on.
chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no … e-21998473

If the Tyne Tunnel was near enough to be an option without going out of your way, why would you choose to drive through the middle of The Toon, which is slow going even on a decent day?

Your doomed as they are big news in the Evening Chronicle and Facebook local pages.

Ken.

Tyne Tunnel is £3.90. You don’t pay at the time you have until midnight the following day to pay online.

Zac_A:
If you’re talking about the John Dobson street bus lane, yes, the cameras are back on.

If the Tyne Tunnel was near enough to be an option without going out of your way, why would you choose to drive through the middle of The Toon, which is slow going even on a decent day?

I was 15 ft 3 & as I’ve never been though tunnel wasn’t sure if there was a height limit ( and I didn’t want to be ridiculed when pictures were posted up of me causing chaos ) note to me , take bridge heights map
No idea road but bus lane was only roughly length of lorry

Quinny:
Your doomed as they are big news in the Evening Chronicle and Facebook local pages.

Ken.

■■■■ , rob will be scouring the local rag Sunday night , and no doubt posting it up Monday

toonsy:
Tyne Tunnel is £3.90. You don’t pay at the time you have until midnight the following day to pay online.

Yes I saw price when I came out Tyne tunnel industrial estate , should of kept quiet , I’ll not hear the end of this , maybe time to have a break from t/net for 6 months , time heals , or hopefully members forget !!

Zac_A:

No it wasn’t John Dobson street , that’s the other side of Tyne , I came off jct 69 , I’m sureish bus lane was just before bridge , very short , about length of lorry , but did say cameras

Zac_A:

If I didn’t know better I’d say askew road , but google shows what looks like cars , and I thought stretch was shorter , unless it’s been changed of late to bus route

Zac_A:

Yes I think it was askew road , which a quick search shows 100 cars a day , 25k vehicle s being fined since changing to bus lane , oh well at least not only one , though it was just before bridge

Askew Road (turning left for Tyne Bridge) is now a camera’d bus lane(s) & has been for approx 12 month.

I was brought up near Askew Road.

Ken

dozy:

Zac_A:

No it wasn’t John Dobson street , that’s the other side of Tyne , I came off jct 69 , I’m sureish bus lane was just before bridge , very short , about length of lorry , but did say cameras

You said you were in Newcastle, John Dobson St. is in Newcastle, if you came off A1M at Junction 69 that’s Gateshead. Different town, different council, and TTBOMK there’s no particularly notorious bus lane enforcement in Gateshead. But if you’d crossed the Redheugh Bridge that puts you back in Newcastle. Nowt to do but keep your fingers crossed I guess.

EDIT: I missed the posts about Askew Road, which can be a PITA, I always preferred to avoid that by going over the Redheugh Bridge, saves the hassle getting onto the Tyne Bridge and having to force your way into the outside lane to avoid the low clearance on the inside lane.

You will get a ticket for Askew Rd Dozy. The local councils on Tyneside are determined to close the whole bloody road system down in their attempt at air pollution control. It’s a total cluster**** around that area. All they’ve achieved is to shift the traffic into the centre of Gateshead, with the resulting traffic jams causing even more pollution with vehicles engines idling in the resulting mayhem. But take note, it’s going to get worse! Major engineering work on the Tyne Bridge will mean even more congestion, and when the work is finished ( at least 3yrs hence) the next bright idea is to severely restrict vehicles crossing the bridge, with eye watering charges for all who enter. Regards Kev.

I think Tunnel is good …no ■■■■ heads without the right money holding the traffic up

kevmac47:
You will get a ticket for Askew Rd Dozy. The local councils on Tyneside are determined to close the whole bloody road system down in their attempt at air pollution control. It’s a total cluster**** around that area. All they’ve achieved is to shift the traffic into the centre of Gateshead, with the resulting traffic jams causing even more pollution with vehicles engines idling in the resulting mayhem. But take note, it’s going to get worse! Major engineering work on the Tyne Bridge will mean even more congestion, and when the work is finished ( at least 3yrs hence) the next bright idea is to severely restrict vehicles crossing the bridge, with eye watering charges for all who enter. Regards Kev.

Typical labour council, claiming to be pro working class yet harassing, fining and making life difficult for these trying to do a job. Also trying to force these that are less well off out of cars and then they go on about wanting to save city centres

Mark500:
Askew Road (turning left for Tyne Bridge) is now a camera’d bus lane(s) & has been for approx 12 month.

I’ve not been that way for a year + , but still doesn’t excuse how I missed warning signs , assuming there was some , you live & learn

Nearly 3 weeks & heard nothing ,I guess it’s on company / agency desk somewhere

dozy:

If unit is leased it’ll go to lease company then they return form stating who it’s leased to. It then gets sent to your company, they identify you and return it and finally the council send the fine to you. Can take weeks, if not months.

Conor:

dozy:

If unit is leased it’ll go to lease company then they return form stating who it’s leased to. It then gets sent to your company, they identify you and return it and finally the council send the fine to you. Can take weeks, if not months.

And there was me thinking I might have got away with , never mind