In cab camera footage being forwarded to police

I heard some rumours that some drivers who use the phone while driving,not only losing their jobs but some companies then send the footage to the police.Is this going on?Have you heard of it?

I too hear lots of rumours. Mostly they turn out to be dog ■■■. I doubt that this is any different.

the maoster:
I too hear lots of rumours. Mostly they turn out to be dog ■■■. I doubt that this is any different.

Sounds highly likely if it is a big firm like Tesco lol.

have you seen this f#nny ?, i wish someone would give him a good slap . youtube.com/results?search_ … clingmikey,

I seen him before.Its a good warning to me if Im in my car and you never know he might be lurking around

Never understand why anyone needs to be caught with a mobile to the ear…press the speaker ffs

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Yes,but dont do it when cycling mikey is around…he will have yoy for that!

adam277:

the maoster:

Yeah, I’d agree, all the big companies will definitely be cracking down on this since 25th March, cast-iron reason for dismissal, unless driver/vehicle are being threatened on the road and need to speak to Plod but it’s not safe to stop.

Not sure about the ‘reporting to police’, that kind of zealotry would be a bit unwise and would be likely to lose them a few drivers who might otherwise have thought that a driver getting the sack should be the end of it.

Mind you, I can definitely believe there’s at least a couple of pointy-shoed office bods out there who might think it would be “in the best interests of the company”. I’ve seen a couple of management types like that (even at crappy companies).

I understand some people just can’t stop theirselves being on the phone, but considering there are multiple ways to do this without losing your entitlement (blutooth headset, or bluetoothed to your sat nav or radio) anyone who’s still holding it to their ear while driving is just being a muppet.

Zac_A:
Mind you, I can definitely believe there’s at least a couple of pointy-shoed office bods out there who might think it would be “in the best interests of the company”. I’ve seen a couple of management types like that (even at crappy companies).

I understand some people just can’t stop theirselves being on the phone, but considering there are multiple ways to do this without losing your entitlement (blutooth headset, or bluetoothed to your sat nav or radio) anyone who’s still holding it to their ear while driving is just being a muppet.

Pointy shoe office boss?..Not to mention the odd driver who can’t mind his own ■■■■ business and sees himself as some kind of ‘‘Saviour of the roads, part time policeman/road marshall’’ :unamused: who can’t concentrate on his own work for concentrating on others. :unamused:
I do agree btw about there being no need nor reason to hold a phone to your lug hole these days.

Zac_A:
[

You can’t adjust your satnav or otherwise control a lot of your phone with Bluetooth… Also, sometimes it’s easier to remove it from its cradle to operate it.

^^^ well in that case then simply don’t operate it. Or don’t ■■■■■ and moan when you get caught.

stu675:

Zac_A:
[

You can’t adjust your satnav or otherwise control a lot of your phone with Bluetooth… Also, sometimes it’s easier to remove it from its cradle to operate it.

Fine, then do that when you’re properly parked up.

If you need to be doing more than just answering a call, should you be doing it while driving a wagon?

Statutory Document No. 6 says “No”.
assets.publishing.service.gov.u … ATDO_1.PDF

Common sense says “No” too: potential maximum fine for a vocational driver receiving a CU80 penalty code is not £200 like a car driver, but can be up to £2,500. Plus you may very well be called by the TC to a Driver Conduct Hearing, where the starting point for removal of your HGV entitlement is four weeks.

I’ve known operators sack drivers for far less than this.

I do know someone that quite proudly told me that when they were investigating a minor accident thatin all reality wasnt the drivers fault (car went into the back of him) he promptly reported the driver to the police for due care and attention

People can report things, doesn’t mean the police will do anything. Who ever that was who did that was just kidding himself, no way are the police going to blame the guy who was ran into, that is always the fault of the one who crashes, that’s why we have these crash-for-cash scammers.

I once got accused of “failing to stop at the scene of an accident”. I got the NIP from N. Yorks police and various paperwork from our company’s insurer. I did the usual statement, complete with a sketch of the location and measurements of position of a road sign and the concrete island it sat on, and photos, and how it would be impossible for me to have done what I was accused of doing without destroying said road sign.

I never heard anything back after that, because it was a BS story by the scammer.

Zac_A:
People can report things, doesn’t mean the police will do anything. Who ever that was who did that was just kidding himself, no way are the police going to blame the guy who was ran into, that is always the fault of the one who crashes, that’s why we have these crash-for-cash scammers.

I once got accused of “failing to stop at the scene of an accident”. I got the NIP from N. Yorks police and various paperwork from our company’s insurer. I did the usual statement, complete with a sketch of the location and measurements of position of a road sign and the concrete island it sat on, and photos, and how it would be impossible for me to have done what I was accused of doing without destroying said road sign.

I never heard anything back after that, because it was a BS story by the scammer.

I think the issue was that the driver that he reported was relying on some safty system to stop him and was deliberatly going far to quickup to or around rounderbouts and it all went wrong that time. so the boss/investigator felt it was his fauylt for not driving appropriatly

adam277:

the maoster:

No cameras watching the drivers at tesco