Hit one bridge get two free

Then walk away laughing saying not my fault where’s my pay rise.
What’s not to like.

WTF■■?

Referring to the train with the oversized Isos that did a bit of unofficial gauge testing?

railforums.co.uk/threads/4s … er.233766/

Sorry forgot to post the link.
pressandjournal.co.uk/for/ne … ge-damage/

Back in the day, virtually every goods yard would have a gauge gantry; those of you who had model railways will remember them, like a signal gantry but with a curved steel bar hanging from two chains. Every wagon which left the yard had to go under it; no fit, no go.

Because wagon load heights could differ much more in those days it was essential kit. Properly maintained (i.e. painted regularly) it would last forever and was 100 per cent accurate.

Presumably on today’s high tech railway such Victorian nonsense was considered obsolete.

Sometimes the old ways are best.

Are Stobarts in the rail business yet ?

beefy4605:

They are, traction provided by DRS.

richiem1987:

beefy4605:

Please tell me they are not involved in this incident ? I mean how funny would that be .

beefy4605:

richiem1987:

beefy4605:

Please tell me they are not involved in this incident ? I mean how funny would that be .

Sadly not, was an MOD supply run.

I thought this would be this video

Dav1d:
I thought this would be this video

Poor effort on damage but extra points for quantity.

richiem1987:

beefy4605:

richiem1987:

beefy4605:

Sadly not, was an MOD supply run.

It was a GBRF service. There known as the “Stobarts of the railway” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: