A14 / a1 junction closure

last weekend im sure i saw signs saying that the junction of the a14 with the a1 was going to be closed from the 1st but now cant find any mention of it on the highways site. Im sure the guy that i was shadowing pointed out to me that the old a14 ran along side the new bit but was now called the a1309. quick look on google and the a1309 seems to be in cambridge and its the a1307 that runs along side.

Have i miss remembered and it is the a1307? or is it the 1309 and im missing somthing. Either way is that a good diverstion for a newbie (before i get shouted at and told there arnt any tight turns etc) or is there a better way.

cooper1203:
Have i miss remembered and it is the a1307? or is it the 1309 and im missing somthing. Either way is that a good diverstion for a newbie (before i get shouted at and told there arnt any tight turns etc) or is there a better way.

No because there’s a lump of the old A14 missing where there used to be a bridge over the railway and where the roundabout is where the old A14 comes to a stop there there’s a 7.5t weight limit precisely because they don’t want lorries going through Huntingdon to go the old A14 route.

Keep heading south, pick up the A428, it’s only an extra 10 minutes or so. If you’re wanting to continue onto Felixstowe just stay on that road and it becomes the A14 at J31, if you want the M11 you’ll need to get off onto the A1303 which will bring you out at J13 M11.