We’re a curious breed……

the maoster:
…… us lorry drivers!

Because I always set my cruise control for 53mph I get overtaken by many many lorries and I’ve noticed that the ones overtaking me generally fall into one of three groups; firstly you have that increasingly rare group who will acknowledge you flashing them in, secondly you have the large group who consider that merely indicating left to be acknowledgement enough, and finally another large group who are seemingly incapable of driving in a straight line whilst simultaneously looking into their nearside mirror so consequently don’t see your flash.

What I’ve started to do now is when one overtakes me and doesn’t acknowledge then I simply don’t flash the next one. The thing that strikes me as funny is that I get more (sarcastic) dancing indicators from those I don’t flash than ones I do! The funny part being that if I had flashed them they’d invariably consider indicating left to be an adequate response.

Just to add this neither annoys nor winds me up. On the contrary I quite like the ones that don’t acknowledge as it means that when I encounter them at some future point I don’t need to show them any courtesy whatsoever such as moving across to let them out of a junction, easing off if they are overtaking me on a hill and struggling or even guiding them whilst they reverse into a tight spot.

Not really a rant, more an observation.

I get dancing indicators sometimes when I didn’t flash them in, but I did hit a bump, that may have looked like I flashed them as my headlights presumably bounced up and down a bit in their mirrors…?

The real pains are the ones that feel they MUST overtake when they clearly don’t have the speed overhead to do it…

I drive mostly at 50mph on the motorways, because a of the cabs are already limited to that, but I find I have to go to your “53” when I’ve got a waitrose wagon coming up behind me, because the ■■■ will usually try to slow overtake me on the M26 or M11 J8-9 if I don’t…

The ones that don’t check their mirrors when you flash them in, are the frenchies in my experience…

Still, I get my own back on them by sticking to the speed limit rigidly through the M20 operation brock zone… 30mph all the way down to the ashford junction… :laughing: :smiling_imp:
La Gouldale can countenence moi derriere! :stuck_out_tongue: