ALLMI brick grab training

Good evening All

I am looking to re-do my HIAB, the prices have seemed to gone through the roof, anyone know of a good training provided, preferable within 100 miles to the toon (Newcastle upon Tyne) but happy to travel if needed.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueiain1967:
Good evening All

I am looking to re-do my HIAB, the prices have seemed to gone through the roof, anyone know of a good training provided, preferable within 100 miles to the toon (Newcastle upon Tyne) but happy to travel if needed.

I can’t help with your question, but I’ve moved it to where I think it will get more views and responses in the hope that it helps. :smiley:

If your currently out of work. Apply to jewsons…bound be a depot your way. There take you on put you though your hiab.
Know a few people who have done it. Don’t have stay there long one my mates did it years ago did 2 week’s work then left they never bothered chasing him for the money back

edd1974:
If your currently out of work. Apply to jewsons…bound be a depot your way. There take you on put you though your hiab.
Know a few people who have done it. Don’t have stay there long one my mates did it years ago did 2 week’s work then left they never bothered chasing him for the money back

Jews in cut back up here, I used to work on their agency for them, it went quiet a couple of years ago, I believe they took some of the trucks out of the locals yards and instead of trucks been in all the yards only certain 1’s have them, thanks for the idea.

I’m currently a full time student again, just wanted to be more employable.

It doesn’t have to be ALLMI, though they do seem to have scare-mongered parts of the industry into thinking nothing else will do. I worked hiab for years with an ITSSAR ticket, no problem (training via northeast-logisticsacademy.co.uk/)

Though if I were planning to redo my hiab I would probably choose ALLMI. The last time I looked into it (about 18 months ago), the only place I could find in the north-east to do ALLMI, where you did not need to supply your own vehicle, was in Eaglescliffe, Stockton.
durhamstraining.uk/

ALLMI’s own website allows you to search by postcode for your nearest trainer.

Don’t forget when you do a course…it counts towards your CPC.
So mention it there probably charge you a bit extra to upload it to the CPC database though.
Even if your CPC crad is still valid it doesn’t matter once done it stays on your record untill it expires .
meaning don’t have do the full 35 hours or what ever it is just as long as you colpmete your 35 hours before card expires.

edd1974:
Don’t forget when you do a course…it counts towards your CPC.

It’s not automatically guaranteed, you need to specifically ask them at the point of booking if their training is JAUPT-approved for DCPC. If it isn’t, it can be tricky to get the “free” DCPC hours off your own back via DVSA.

Zac_A:
It doesn’t have to be ALLMI, though they do seem to have scare-mongered parts of the industry into thinking nothing else will do. I worked hiab for years with an ITSSAR ticket, no problem (training via northeast-logisticsacademy.co.uk/)

Though if I were planning to redo my hiab I would probably choose ALLMI. The last time I looked into it (about 18 months ago), the only place I could find in the north-east to do ALLMI, where you did not need to supply your own vehicle, was in Eaglescliffe, Stockton.
durhamstraining.uk/

ALLMI’s own website allows you to search by postcode for your nearest trainer.

Hello thanks for your reply

I’m not sure about the other HIAB certificates, when I took mine as was told it was recognised by everyone, where as some are not, that’s why I choose to do the ALLMI course, I contacted my training provided and the price now is £925, and £35 for certificate. A bit much for me, I went onto the ALLMI website and contacted others with him a 100 mile radius, only 2 have got back to me, 1 was Durham training, if I can get hold of a HIAB he can do the course for me, @£500, but I cant get hold of a HIAB, not sure if I could rent 1,

I reckon that would be prohibitively expensive. Almost a grand for a hiab ticket? That’s outrageous. HAve you tried Tockwith near York? Last I knew they were the only ALLMI trainer in the North with their own vehicle, but they’re not cheap.

Zac_A:
I reckon that would be prohibitively expensive. Almost a grand for a hiab ticket? That’s outrageous. HAve you tried Tockwith near York? Last I knew they were the only ALLMI trainer in the North with their own vehicle, but they’re not cheap.

It was Tockworth Training that I did my original course with, they quoted me the £925 +£35