Anyone download their own card at home

just wondered does anyone downlad their card at hoem and keep their own records just in case firm loose their back up files at work.if so what u use and how much it cost u.

I used to have to download my own card when I ran a truck and I used a Lisle Digidown Plus but I’ve never used anything else so can’t say if it’s a good or bad option.

tdishop.co.uk/lisle-design- … RIEALw_wcB

Why would you want to?
Not your problem…
Your responsibility ends with making your card available to download. You’re not even responsible for making sure it is. As long as you’ve made it available…

If the downloads are lost, again, not your problem.

trevorking1964:
Why would you want to?
Not your problem…
Your responsibility ends with making your card available to download. You’re not even responsible for making sure it is. As long as you’ve made it available…

Yes, this is true. Also it would be pretty pointless downloadng the card onto a card reader unless you then uploaded the data onto some tachograph analysis programme and this would cost £4-5 per month as it’s subscription based.

It wouldn’t matter if the company did lose (or burn) all their records - the data would still be on your card.

Besides that, as has been stated by others there is no requirement at all for drivers (unless they are also Operators) to download cards or retain the downloaded data.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

trevorking1964:
Why would you want to?
Not your problem…

So if you lose your card before it gets downloaded?
Hopefully unlikely I know …

The head unit also stores the information.
When he head unit is downloaded, they have the information they would have got from your card anyway.

It’s a little more complicated if you’re cab hopping, but it’s still on the head units.

stu675:

trevorking1964:
Why would you want to?
Not your problem…

So if you lose your card before it gets downloaded?
Hopefully unlikely I know …

The driver having his/her own records would not negate the companies legal responsibility to download the card at-least every 28 days however, if the card is lost it cannot be downloaded and no amount of laws can do anything about that, it’s probably one of the reasons some companies insist of daily downloads.

Apart from that, the records that are on the driver card are also on the VU so the company do in fact have a backup.

edit: trevorking1964 beat me to it, I really must learn to type faster :smiley: :wink:

I download my own card, I do it for my own benefit, to keep track of my work and rest hours, it also flags any infringements.

And I use this app…

^^^ you’re welcome. Follow me for more money saving life hacks :wink:

the maoster:

You’re welcome too. I beat that by doing very little work each day to the point its become worthless keeping track in a diary :laughing:

I think some people are going wayyyyyyy over the top here. It’s a tacho record not the vault containing nuclear codes ffs.

Just take care if your obligations and let the companies take care of theirs. As for “flagging up infringements” they’ll get flagged up when some turd puts the piece if paper in front of me. Prior knowledge doesn’t make it any less of an infringement :unamused: and arguably keeping an eye on your hours throughout the day (ie whilst away from any home based download system) is a sure fire way of avoiding any Infringements…

You don’t necessarily need a dedicated tachograph reader to download the data.
I have used the built in card reader on a HP Elitebook series laptop & also a card reader supplied by a bank for online verification.
Free software is also available for reading the card data & presenting it in a legible format.

thunder367:
just wondered does anyone downlad their card at hoem and keep their own records just in case firm loose their back up files at work.if so what u use and how much it cost u.

What difference does it make if they do? You’re required to do just two things:

1. Keep a record of the last 28 days on you. That’s achieved by what is recorded on your drivers card

2. Present your card for downloading within 28 days.

Whether your firm loses those backup files isn’t your problem, that’s their problem. They’re the ones who have to keep 6 months of records, not you.

ScaniaUltimate:
You don’t necessarily need a dedicated tachograph reader to download the data.
I have used the built in card reader on a HP Elitebook series laptop & also a card reader supplied by a bank for online verification.
Free software is also available for reading the card data & presenting it in a legible format.

THe software company I worked for a few years ago used Omnikey 3121 card readers. They’re exactly the same card readers that Tachomaster used to use until they changed them to the current unit they sell but Tachomaster put their own sticker on. They’re under £20.

the maoster:

I also have a diary… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you’ve got it sussed then Stephen. Anything over and above is just overthinking and overspending your own hard earned mate.

Conor:
THe software company I worked for a few years ago used Omnikey 3121 card readers. They’re exactly the same card readers that Tachomaster used to use until they changed them to the current unit they sell but Tachomaster put their own sticker on. They’re under £20.

£7.80 delivered, second hand - only for the quickest…
ebay.co.uk/itm/265718960775 … SwnIBiT9Er