Pete White.

Madman or genius? I vote genius :smiley:

Pete White, madman or genius? I vote genius :smiley: :smiley:

He’s finally got a reply back to add his fleet registration numbers to the database to stop this happening. Shame as I enjoy him playing with them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If he were a genius he would know to spell CESS with a C and not sess, Nine out of ten from me. Parking Eye and the rest of them cant issue fines, only penalty charge notices. Barstewards the lot of them.

So do his lorries use the service road linking the services as a short cut to the yard . . . or not :neutral_face:

Suedehead:
So do his lorries use the service road linking the services as a short cut to the yard . . . or not :neutral_face:

Yes they do as you can clearly see the direction arrow for the car park

blue estate:

Suedehead:

This has been covered before, he’s admitted that his drivers do use the shortcut and this is where the problem arise, the solution is to not use the shortcut. But his arrogance is also what adds to the problem, making a mountain out of a molehill.

You have just got to love his map. :smiley:

peirre:

blue estate:

Suedehead:

This has been covered before, he’s admitted that his drivers do use the shortcut and this is where the problem arise, the solution is to not use the shortcut. But his arrogance is also what adds to the problem, making a mountain out of a molehill.

I sort of agree with you; but those “shortcuts” have been there since the motorways were built, and this has only become an issue since these parking charge companies started getting over-zealous about ANPR. Used to go to Trowell services via the service road many a Saturday night on my L-plated 250 motorbike after the Boat Club in Nottingham had kicked out cos that was the only place you could get a coffee at that time of the morning. Never used to get any grief from the coppers apart from the odd friendly warning to avoid the temptation of blatting up the motorway trying to do a ton.

I do concede that the access to these service roads is rarely good, from a safety point of view, and that it is not sensible to allow just anyone to use them at will, or else there will be even more flip-flop drivers stuck in country lanes; but at the same time that service road probably saves Mr. White’s company a good deal of time and fuel, and added to that if they’ve charged him wrongly before and owned up to it the he probably has a case.

Having dealt with parking charge companies myself I can attest that they are all, without exception, all ■■■■■ and they deserve anything that’s coming to them.

Furthermore; they have attempted to charge him for staying over two hours, and he has proved that this is not the case. Therefore I suggest that the fact he uses the service road is irrelevant, since he clearly has not infringed the terms and conditions by doing tso; it is simply that the camera set-up is such that it registers this and that is not Mr. White’s problem.

There are a few industrial units near the Membury services. I understand that access to them is permitted from the services.
google.fr/maps/@51.4804122, … 6656?hl=en

Cheaper, quicker, and safer than the longer routes.

Edit, not a long diversion,but it does make a difference.

Whenever I deliver to that industrial est, I always get off at the Wantage/Hungerford junction, I’ve never taken the shortcut, I don’t want to have to deal with a parking charge if its avoidable!

When ever I stop at frankly north services always see a steady stream of cars entering the services from the service acces road. Obviously they don’t have cameras or people won’t be doing it.

Can’t say know the area where Pete whites is.
But if you can access his premises and others via the service road .
Then why don’t the council /authorises look into it.
And allow access for trucks only. As it will keep trucks off the side roads. Save fuels ease congestion which this day and age of being green saving the planet is a good thing.
Less traffic on the side roads

He does have a way with words.

We’ve all used msa access points, i don’t get the issue about them when they provide sensible access, especially in these days of fuel savings.

Juddian:
He does have a way with words.

We’ve all used msa access points, i don’t get the issue about them when they provide sensible access, especially in these days of fuel savings.

The issue appears to be that the trucks are photographed going in and not photographed leaving, they wrongly assume that the truck stays on the MSA premises. As Benny Hill said, ■■■-u-me makes an ■■■ of U. and me.

These are not all due to the service road. We are in & out of the services so much I guess it’s inevitable we will get some of these PCN’s through the post. We prob have 10 vehicles a day in & out of the services and I get one of these every couple of months so it’s not very often. I half expected this to be posted on here and I fully expected the negative criticism you expect to find on TNUK. It really does seem that the majority of folk on here really are grumpy old men.

and apologies for the mistake of Sess and not Cess, I’m sure you have never misspelt anything if your life, people who pick fault with other peoples spellings really are D**ks

Have a great evening all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteWhiteWhite:
These are not all due to the service road. We are in & out of the services so much I guess it’s inevitable we will get some of these PCN’s through the post. We prob have 10 vehicles a day in & out of the services and I get one of these every couple of months so it’s not very often. I half expected this to be posted on here and I fully expected the negative criticism you expect to find on TNUK. It really does seem that the majority of folk on here really are grumpy old men.

and apologies for the mistake of Sess and not Cess, I’m sure you have never misspelt anything if your life, people who pick fault with other peoples spellings really are D**ks

Where’s the like button

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Oh, look. Somebody is not sticking his tongue up my ■■■ because I have a fleet of Kelsa’d Scanias, and pointing out that we are illegally using an access road… let’s call them names.

I think that the way you signed off the (upsidedown … :roll: ) “map”, rather apt.

the nodding donkey:
because I have a fleet of Kelsa’d Scanias

Has he? He’s keeping them well hidden :smiley:

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:
because I have a fleet of Kelsa’d Scanias

Has he? He’s keeping them well hidden :smiley:

Yep , I saw 2 of his trucks on the A34 one was Scandinavian it weren’t a Scania

WhiteWhiteWhite:

My post was simply to help keep the humour going. I have fallen foul of those parking firms too. I suppose that most of us have.

alamcculloch:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

My post was simply to help keep the humour going. I have fallen foul of those parking firms too. I suppose that most of us have.