Tax/ n.I

I paid £222.20 tax this week, 109.20 n.I , tax code is 1257 l , so I remember you could claim for I think it was washing uniform , but is there anything else a paye agency driver can claim for ? , I guess you can’t do anything about ni
It’s not the end of the world but £300+ stoppages pw seems a bloody lot , be nice to reduce the tax if at all possible , ta

Are you 2 weekly paid or weekly

dozy:
I paid £222.20 tax this week, 109.20 n.I , tax code is 1257 l , so I remember you could claim for I think it was washing uniform , but is there anything else a paye agency driver can claim for ? , I guess you can’t do anything about ni
It’s not the end of the world but £300+ stoppages pw seems a bloody lot , be nice to reduce the tax if at all possible , ta

Weekly

dozy:

The NI tax free allowance is going up on 6th July 2022 from £190/week to £242/week, so you will pay £6.89 less NI each week, which is £358.28 less NI each year.

It sounds like you are paying 40% income tax on some of your wages.

Change to a 4 day week, as the 5th day only adds about £132 in the pocket with the 40% income tax and 3.25% NI.

For a higher rate taxpayer, a £19/hour wage is only £10.78/hour after 43.25% tax (40% income tax and 3.25% NI).

gov.uk/guidance/rates-and-t … 22-to-2023

carlston49:

dozy:

The NI tax free allowance is going up on 6th July 2022 from £190/week to £242/week, so you will pay £6.89 less NI each week, which is £358.28 less NI each year.

It sounds like you paying 40% income tax on some of your wages.

Thankyou , I will have a read

carlston49:

dozy:

Change to a 4 day week, as the 5th day only adds about £132 in the pocket with the 40% income tax and 3.25% NI.

For a higher rate taxpayer, a £19/hour wage is only £10.78/hour after 43.25% tax (40% income tax and 3.25% NI).

The way things are going I’ll soon be leaving you all to pay these tax things while I join the receiving side

dozy:

Are you married? If your wife doesn’t use all of her tax allowance you can get it transferred to your own, its very easy to do yourself online legal and above board through HMRC and they can go back 4 years so a nice little wedge back and a tax code of 1383 going forward.
Do it here… gov.uk/marriage-allowance

I was under the impression that you had given up the limping and gone full time

peirre:
I was under the impression that you had given up the limping and gone full time

I would if they’d reply to my applications !!

ETS:

carlston49:

dozy:

The way things are going I’ll soon be leaving you all to pay these tax things while I join the receiving side

I don’t mind the tax going to a good cause , young family struggling , it’s the though I’m financing Boris & his mates ■■■■ ups

shullbit:

dozy:

Are you married? If your wife doesn’t use all of her tax allowance you can get it transferred to your own, its very easy to do yourself online legal and above board through HMRC and they can go back 4 years so a nice little wedge back and a tax code of 1383 going forward.
Do it here… gov.uk/marriage-allowance

Mrs is full time & on a good wage so I’d think she uses her full tax allowance
I was thinking more can I in some way claim for cpc , work boots etc , it’s probably a long shot but there’s lots who’ve been doing this years & maybe know what can be claimed

FFS, you’re earning way over a grand a week. Pay your share of tax, the country is on its knees. [emoji6]

stu675:
FFS, you’re earning way over a grand a week. Pay your share of tax, the country is on its knees. [emoji6]

I started working at 12 & am now 60 , I’ve never not worked so I’ve paid more than my share of tax & ni over those 48 yrs
Let’s have when you started work , how old you are & how many years you have worked ?

dozy:

stu675:

I started working at 12 & am now 60 , I’ve never not worked so I’ve paid more than my share of tax & ni over those 48 yrs
Let’s have when you started work , how old you are & how many years you have worked ?

You did a paper round or you went down the mines? If you’re 60 now then the school leaving age was 16.

£105 tax rebate this week , no idea why , unless everyone’s got one

There’s an easy way to get all your tax back but it involves tying up your money. Basically all you have to do is to put everything you earn above the personal allowance of £12,700 into your pension. If you do it through work it’ll be done before tax so you won’t pay tax, if you do it out of taxed take home pay into a private pension or SIPP HMRC will add 25% of what you pay in to your pension provider/SIPP account provider to reimburse your income tax. If you are a higher rate tax payer you’ll need to make a manual reclaim for the additional tax money. Pay in £80 a week out of take home pay and get £100 in total added to your pension.

According to my mrs there’s a letter saying they owe me £572 for tax year 21/22 at home ( what’s she doing looking at my mail ) so if I didn’t pay any tax last week ( £200 ish ) + £105 tax rebate , where’s the other £270 ish pounds , do they give you a rebate over so many weeks
I’ll have to ring them up yet again , 40 yrs of employed & never heard a dicky bird , 3/4 yrs agency & you owe them that turns out they owe you this week , probably want it back next week

dozy:
According to my mrs there’s a letter saying they owe me £572 for tax year 21/22 at home ( what’s she doing looking at my mail ) so if I didn’t pay any tax last week ( £200 ish ) + £105 tax rebate , where’s the other £270 ish pounds , do they give you a rebate over so many weeks
I’ll have to ring them up yet again , 40 yrs of employed & never heard a dicky bird , 3/4 yrs agency & you owe them that turns out they owe you this week , probably want it back next week

2021/22 is for the last tax year which always goes from 6th April to 5th April in each tax year. So 2021/22 is actually 6th April 2021 to 5th April 2022.

HMRC income tax refunds are paid around June after the tax year has finished. So for the tax year 2021/22 any HMRC income tax refund is paid around June 2022, ie. 2 or 3 months after the tax year has finished.

The HMRC income tax refund for the last tax year is nothing to do with this year’s weekly adjustments which are done through your employer’s/agency’s PAYE payroll.

This is because with the PAYE payroll system, you get an income tax free allowance of around £242 each week (if you are weekly paid) of your annual £12,570 income tax free allowance.

For example, if you earned £484 in the first week of the tax year you would get a £242 income tax free allowance and pay 20% income tax on the remaining £242 (which is £48.40 in income tax). Then if you didn’t work in the second week of the tax year you would get another £242 income tax free allowance. So the guy (or computer) who runs your PAYE payroll would see that in the first two weeks of the tax year you had earned a total of £484 and you had a total of £484 income tax free allowance. So you wouldn’t be due any income tax so far in the current tax year. But because you had already paid £48.40 income tax the previous week, you would get this refund through your payroll in the second week. So at the end of week two in the tax year, you wouldn’t have paid any income tax, ie. you paid £48.40 at the end of the first week but got the £48.40 back at the end of the second week.

So as you can see, the PAYE payroll system is done on a ■■■■■■■■■■ basis.

carlston49:

dozy:

2021/22 is for the last tax year which always goes from 6th April to 5th April in each tax year. So 2021/22 is actually 6th April 2021 to 5th April 2022.

HMRC income tax refunds are paid around June after the tax year has finished. So for the tax year 2021/22 any HMRC income tax refund is paid around June 2022, ie. 2 or 3 months after the tax year has finished.

The HMRC income tax refund for the last tax year is nothing to do with this year’s weekly adjustments which are done through your employer’s/agency’s PAYE payroll.

This is because with the PAYE payroll system, you get an income tax free allowance of around £242 each week (if you are weekly paid) of your annual £12,570 income tax free allowance.

For example, if you earned £484 in the first week of the tax year you would get a £242 income tax free allowance and pay 20% income tax on the remaining £242 (which is £48.40 in income tax). Then if you didn’t work in the second week of the tax year you would get another £242 income tax free allowance. So the guy (or computer) who runs your PAYE payroll would see that in the first two weeks of the tax year you had earned a total of £484 and you had a total of £484 income tax free allowance. So you wouldn’t be due any income tax so far in the current tax year. But because you had already paid £48.40 income tax the previous week, you would get this refund through your payroll in the second week. So at the end of week two in the tax year, you wouldn’t have paid any income tax, ie. you paid £48.40 at the end of the first week but got the £48.40 back at the end of the second week.

So as you can see, the PAYE payroll system is done on a ■■■■■■■■■■ basis.

Ta , that makes sense