Number plates stolen

A first for me when i got up this morning. After 32 years of driving artics. I had both front and rear number plates stolen of the unit. Had diesel taken before and cuts in the curtains. But never number plates. This was in Milton Keynes. Michigan Drive. Park there quite alot without any problems.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Report to police I got up one morning after a stormy night and noticed rear number plate missing off back of my van Thought at first it was the wind went around to front of van and that was gone .Reported to police the plates had been used on a vehicle that was involved in a cash machine robbery 6 miles up the road. The van was parked on a quiet yard out of praying eyes

ianto:
Report to police I got up one morning after a stormy night and noticed rear number plate missing off back of my van Thought at first it was the wind went around to front of van and that was gone .Reported to police the plates had been used on a vehicle that was involved in a cash machine robbery 6 miles up the road. The van was parked on a quiet yard out of praying eyes

Told our lot in the office. So assumed they would of phoned it in. I expect they would of been stolen for the same reason your’s had. Might find out sometime soon if they are used in anything like that.

The wife had hers stolen off her car a couple of years ago, my first thoughts were they’ll be used in some kind of robbery,.but it’s a very distinctive private reg she has,.that sticks out like a sore thumb, not only that but they are edged with a Dutch ‘NL’ EU badge.
They were either a bit thick, or just pinched plates off the first car they clocked without really looking. :unamused:
Reported to Old Bill to cover my arse, but heard nothing back

robroy:
The wife had hers stolen off her car a couple of years ago, my first thoughts were they’ll be used in some kind of robbery,.but it’s a very distinctive private reg she has,.that sticks out like a sore thumb, not only that but they are edged with a Dutch ‘NL’ EU badge.
They were either a bit thick, or just pinched plates off the first car they clocked without really looking. :unamused:
Reported to Old Bill to cover my arse, but heard nothing back

Never had it happen before on a car let alone a truck. Quite commen though apparently. Definately got to be a bit stupid if they are going to nick ones that stand out though.

Is this what you told the old bill when they pulled you for forgetting to put your number plate on? You can tell the truth on here you know :laughing:

Legally correct me if I’m wrong guys trailer plates can just be anything cardboard or anything with the number plate written

However front needs to complie with BS

TruckDriverBen:
Legally correct me if I’m wrong guys trailer plates can just be anything cardboard or anything with the number plate written

However front needs to complie with BS

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

consider yourself corrected.

ezydriver:
Is this what you told the old bill when they pulled you for forgetting to put your number plate on? You can tell the truth on here you know [emoji38]

Drove it around all day with a cardboard one stuck to the front. Did’nt see any of the boys in blue that even gave me a glance. So lucky there i guess.