Needing Wife’s ok to do a night out

Sounds a lot to me like this guy has got one of these “nights out when required” jobs which I would never personally entertain.

For me you are either employed as a tramper who expects to be out any night of the week, or you are a day/night driver who expects to be home after every shift. Either way you know where you stand and can plan your life around it.

A fair number of firms seem to want the best of both worlds, whereby you are employed mainly as a day driver but expected to morph into a tramper when it suits them to drop a night out on you at the last minute under the guise of “operational needs”. ■■■■■■■■ to that, you can’t lead your life like that. You should have advance notice of a planned night out before your shift as a minimum. If you take a job under them terms then you only have yourself to blame when your getting earache off the missus.

If on the other hand this fella has taken a clear cut tramping job & then won’t do the nights out then he is just a plank who needs sacking.