Needing Wife’s ok to do a night out

robroy:

blue estate:
A driver at my place is so under the thumb he needs his wife’s permission to do a night out , she also dictates what car he drives (she don’t drive) etc :open_mouth: :unamused:
Now for some back ground ,
He’s employed as a class 2 tramper and to do night out when required
The other week he was in MK delivering and the boss had a rust air freight job from Stanstead air port to Warrington , said driver said no I can’t do it as I’ve no Gear or my type2 tablets with me :imp: boss was fuming as he then had to send some one else from the yard (Southampton ) to do it .
Last Friday he had Wolverhampton del and collection Birkenhead , he went home at 4pm Thursday night and then left early Friday and only just made it back Friday night
This Friday he had to be in Dudley for 7am prompt , he went home Thursday @3:30pm :unamused: left at 4:05 am and was only passing Warwick at 6:45 am got to Dudley at 7:30am
Said driver keeps moaning about the truck a 12plt Axor sleeper 6 wheeler , but the boss won’t replace it because it’s not earring enough and it’s low kms and tidy
What would you do with said driver ?

IWhen I commented on this last time,. I was concentrating on the aspect of the guy being a bit of a wimp with his wife., but I’ve just re.read the o/'p.

If he was taken on as a tramper (although I don’t see how he is if nights out were on an ''as and when ‘’ basis tbh, then he ain’t fulfilling his commitment that he took on when he agreed terms.

As for not taking any kit with him. :unamused: as a ‘tramper’ …let alone not taking his type 1 meds with him …I reckon that is an excuse/■■■■■■■■ also tbh, why would he risk going into a coma ffs if he was stuck down the road for unforseens.) he sounds a bit of a ■■■■ to me.
As a tramper you always take kit with you…end of.

I can see exactly why his boss was ■■■■■■ with him, he’s got a truck down in the area for a job that has just come up, and matey [zb] s up the whole operation.
Then he goes and leaves too late on next job to get there on time,.when he could easily have achieved it doing a night out.
I’d be putting him on a verbal warning.

I know half of you lot turn from being Cinderella to a pumpkin at the mere thought of not in ‘‘me own bed’’ at nights :unamused: …but ffs. :unamused:, he should jack, and let someone else do his job who has the right attitude.

Only thing I would say is don’t give a [zb] let his boss sort him out.
If he ain’t having a direct adverse effect on your job and life,.just crack on and leave him enough rope to hang himself.

Rob , your last sentence is what we’re doing , leaving him to hang his self