dhl job

Hi i seem to remember in the last month someone posted about applying for work at dhl as a new pass but cant remember for the life of me who it was.

I am asking because i have applied for a job but my “status” hasnt changed even though the closing date has passed and the job hasnt been relisted as far as i can see. Hard to make decide what to do with jobs all open-ended

I’ve just landed a DHL position.

Only had my license since Feb if that helps. However I have had experience in a similar role. That may or may not have helped.

Three of us were on induction this week. Me and another are relatively new passes (less than 6 months).

Depends what depot you are applying for. I know this depot were open to new passes, then changed it to 6 months, and then changed it back to new passes considered all in the space of 3 months.

Loving it here though, I think it’s a great place to work. Good luck with your application.

Depends what depot you are applying for. I know this depot were open to new passes, then changed it to 6 months, and then changed it back to new passes considered all in the space of 3 months.

Sounds like the typical dhl chaos to me :laughing:

Muddy K:

Only had my license since Feb if that helps. However I have had experience in a similar role. That may or may not have helped.

Three of us were on induction this week. Me and another are relatively new passes (less than 6 months).

Loving it here though, I think it’s a great place to work. Good luck with your application.

Muddy, if you look at your job portal do the positions you applied for still say “submited” or have the changed to “process”

I worked at the depot before in the warehouse and left when i went to get my class 2 licence.

cooper1203:

Muddy K:

Muddy, if you look at your job portal do the positions you applied for still say “submited” or have the changed to “process”

I worked at the depot before in the warehouse and left when i went to get my class 2 licence.

It says in progress - 0

submitted - 1

Muddy K:

cooper1203:

Muddy K:

It says in progress - 0

submitted - 1

same as mine i guess i got rejected straight away

cooper1203:

Muddy K:

cooper1203:

Muddy K:

It says in progress - 0

submitted - 1

same as mine i guess i got rejected straight away

Not necessarily. Have you had a phone call yet? As that’s the first thing they will do. It will be a mobile number they call from.

Apply again under a different email address, you never know.

DHL love paperwork, everything takes forever, I wouldn’t be knocking anything else back while you wait but a shout for an assessment might still arrive

no all i have recived is an e-mail straight after i applied online saying they have recieved my application and willbe in touch shortly

Will Lassie…

Make it back to the farm and tell the grown ups (bark bark barkity bark woof) in time to save the children from the collapsing mineshaft?

Will Thunderbird 2 land before the volcano explodes, plunging the the local school into the abyss of darkness forever?

Will coops ever find a proper job?

Tune in next week folks.

cooper1203:
no all i have recived is an e-mail straight after i applied online saying they have recieved my application and willbe in touch shortly

Might be an idea also to check your voicemails.

Might be an idea to pick up the phone and call them. I had an interview with DHL and was offered the job, heard nothing for months, by which time I had gone off the idea (not because of the wait). Eventually got a call from HR department saying my guy had gone off long-term sick.

i agree…give them a call. so many managers and so much paperwork stuff is often mis-laid forgotten about,or lost…or all three :laughing:

i remember when i knocked on the door of a company, suitcase with maps and bed in the car. today is every vacancy handles by staff who comes from university or college. starting application via internet and then handle you forward to a interview,… often seating a mock test as if they don’t trust the driving license tester who tested you 40 year ago. then asking if you good in teamwork, but often leave you alone when they shalldnt.
its not easy anymore, and,yes,… i send in a few day my retirement application off :slight_smile: also leaving you alone. (on the Road, and i Driver Lounges)

I applied for DHL got an email next day saying I’d not got the job.

carryfast-yeti:
i agree…give them a call. so many managers and so much paperwork stuff is often mis-laid forgotten about,or lost…or all three :laughing:

They are following the company ethos…

Drop it
Hide it
Loose it

blackbart:
DHL love paperwork, everything takes forever, I wouldn’t be knocking anything else back while you wait but a shout for an assessment might still arrive

Id have to agree , I’ve never seen so much paper work on a interview , I think the driver trainer could see me sinking with it all , so just said you’ll be fine

the nodding donkey:

carryfast-yeti:

Drop it
Hide it
Loose it

Lose it, you mean…

Loosing it, has an entirely different meaning, as the good old King James Bible tells in Daniel Chapter 5 verse 6… :stuck_out_tongue:

the nodding donkey:

carryfast-yeti:

Drop it
Hide it
Loose it

Of course, after all DHL are well known as Down-Hill-Logistics.

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:

carryfast-yeti:

Drop it
Hide it
Loose it

Lose it, you mean…

Loosing it, has an entirely different meaning, as the good old King James Bible tells in Daniel Chapter 5 verse 6… :stuck_out_tongue:

On the subject of “losing it”, many of will be happy to your expertise, sir.