One for the "What's the worst you've ever done" thread?

OK - Own up.

It appears from this article, that someone managed to drop their trailer on it’s knees - not in the yard, but on the M25 between 5 & 6…

Rookie? Agency? Foreigner? Someone on this board?

Dunno - as there’s no pictures for some reason.

Probably another example of the go under low and lift method predictably going horribly wrong with a fouled pin when coupling.At least there would have been no grease from the fifth wheel anywhere it shouldn’t have been while explaining it.

It was a foreign wag and drag that was the cause of the problem the disconnected drag trailer was sitting in lane 2 .I passed it heading clockwise around 18.45 traffic was backed up to just after junction 6

The article doesn’t specify if the trailer “disconnected in transit” or if it were merely abandoned, because (for example) it was about to catch fire, due to the brakes coming on, and rapidly heating up the trailer axle from friction?

I’ve heard of drivers before - “making an emergency stop at a forecourt, because they feared their combination was about to burst into flames” - so it’s not so daft to wonder about what one is captable of “in the heat of the moment” - pun fully intended. :stuck_out_tongue:

It isn’t even easy to ascertain how serious the incident was for the police to close the carriageway for hours…

…after all, the police will close the motorway these days to bring tea and biscuits to people superglued to the ground, but not close the service area to perform a mass bust of immigrants pouring out the back of a vehicle at said same service area. :unamused: :unamused:

Maybe he had a local delivery with restricted access…

Deciding to do my HGV :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: