Photos of you your lorry and your girl

This is me and my girl with the 470 Eurostar what a lorry that was.
I had driven a 143 470 450 and a 500 streamliner for Stuart Taylor but out of all of them I would take the Eurostar.

Photo was taken in Portsmouth in 1998.

use a name:
I had driven a 143 470 450 and a 500 streamliner for Stuart Taylor but out of all of them I would take the Eurostar.

come on you avin a larf, half of these posters myself included are antique… Maybe when my other half was in her twenty’s but who wants to look at sixty odd year old grannies

Watching my mrs climb into my old magnum was hilarious. Just wish I’d got a photo of that :laughing:

keepthefaith:

use a name:

come on you avin a larf, half of these posters myself included are antique… Maybe when my other half was in her twenty’s but who wants to look at sixty odd year old grannies

LOL, to be fair I’m 58 now I was 34 when the photo was taken.
My girl is 50 mother to three still looks good though.
Post a photo of you and your lady and the lorry in your younger days.

A long time ago now but my girlfriend at the time used to travel all over Europe with me.

Early 80s …when I first met my Mrs in her modelling days,.she gave it all up for me. :sunglasses:
She still looks stunning today. …as do I. :laughing:

Last year Phil :laughing:
CCFDB6A8-56F9-43B8-81BF-977A8C6AC73B.jpeg

use a name:

0C982FDC-BDCA-4E25-91B9-5574CE93AED8.jpeg

robroy:
Early 80s …when I first met my Mrs in her modelling days,.she gave it all up for me. :sunglasses:

That is some lorry Robroy, what bhp was in that classic British machine ?
Did you get over the water with it ?

Punchy Dan:
Last year Phil :laughing: 1

use a name:

Your lady looks at home in the Foden Dan.

Is that you having a 45 on the beach :parasol_on_ground:

Harry Monk:
A long time ago now but my girlfriend at the time used to travel all over Europe with me.

Was the yard in Sandwich ?

use a name:

robroy:

That is some lorry Robroy, what bhp was in that classic British machine ?
Did you get over the water with it ?

It was an ex ICI Atkinson Borderer with a 220 ■■■■■■■ and a Fuller box…and no power steering. :open_mouth: :laughing:
I bought it off an owner driver who did the sleeper cab conversion.
It was 9 years old when I bought it in 83, but I knew its history, and knew it to be a good reliable old workhorse, which is what I needed to get started.
It was a shock to the system after coming off a brand new F10 Volvo as an employed driver. :smiley:
I kept it for a year and changed it for the 2800 DAF,.which wasn’t a great move tbh, but there you go. :smiley:
This was it in it’s previous livery,.and another pic of my DAF

use a name:

Punchy Dan:
Last year Phil :laughing: 1

use a name:

Your lady looks at home in the Foden Dan.

Is that you having a 45 on the beach :parasol_on_ground:

Yes 40 winks :wink:

That’s some leap from a new F10 to a 1974 Atki Robroy.
You did well running that for a year.
Bit of an endurance test.

I admire your steadfastness.
Anymore photos of the Atki ?

use a name:

There’s one of me stood beside it with a mullet and a magnum tache looking like a 70s Gernan ■■■■ star, but I’ll save you the trauma,. :laughing:

robroy:

use a name:

There’s one of me stood beside it with a mullet and a magnum tache looking like a 70s Gernan ■■■■ star, but I’ll save you the trauma,. :laughing:

:laughing:

nah rob spare us, i like the cheeky chubby cherub one featuring the maoster… :wink: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
nah rob spare us, i like the cheeky chubby cherub one featuring the maoster… :wink: :laughing:

CHUBBY ■■? :open_mouth:
youtu.be/jKHq-mAEQlU

:wink: :smiley:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

CHUBBY ■■? :open_mouth:
youtu.be/jKHq-mAEQlU

:wink: :smiley:

youtu.be/j13oJajXx0M
here ye go mate i’ve found your signature tune… :sunglasses: :laughing: :neutral_face:

^^^^
How comes you know me so well ■■. :laughing:

robroy:
^^^^
How comes you know me so well ■■. :laughing:

ahh you’ll never know… but i suspect your celebrating tonight as sunderland got promoted… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :imp: