20mph speed cameras

ladbible.com/news/20mph-spe … s-20220517
"A new speed camera has managed to detect more than 23,500 speeding drivers before it was even officially switched on - including 1,100 in the first 24 hours alone. "

The joy of driving just gets better…

Ive had drivers intimidating me when I stuck to 20 in my car.So now we all have to stick to 20

I read about that online and we only have the regular speed limit breakers to thank for it. If everone stuck to 30 the 20 probably would never have come in.
From what i’ve heard they will be in place all over the UK within a short period and closely monitored.

Of course probably 90% who break the limit near schools and in built up areas would be the first to shout …Lock him/her up if their child was injured or killed by a speeding driver.:imp: :imp: :imp:

Operation Brock on the M20 coastbound - has a 30mph speed limit on it “Average Speed Cameras” at that.

Since I don’t know if these cameras both work, and are fully enforced - I’m abiding by the speed limit all the way down to Ashford, much to the consternation of the two La Goudale frenchies up my arse, honking their derision at me after tearing out past me at the end of this 20 mile Harrietsham to Ashford stretch… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

FFS this was Sunday afternoon, and I didn’t think it was legal to be disgourged from a ferry on the mainland continent ahead of 23:00hrs?

What’s their f…in hurry in getting to the channel crossing■■? :unamused:

La Goudale frenchies

You mean TSA drivers, which means they aint necessarily French, when i worked for them there was about a dozen English/UK drivers there
And their yard in St Omer is around 40 minutes off the train/ferry and almost all of it on national roads so they are probably headed for home
Besides if the French gendarme saw a French registered truck running on a sunday they wouldn’t stop them, they’d rather wait and catch any truck from any other country you care to mention and chuck a 1000 euro fine at them instead :smiling_imp:

Oh…and one other thing, they have an account at Ashford Truckstop and park/drop trailers in there…thats where i was based when i worked for them
Could have been heading there and then going home to their English houses :question:

RIPPER:

La Goudale frenchies

You mean TSA drivers, which means they aint necessarily French, when i worked for them there was about a dozen English/UK drivers there
And their yard in St Omer is around 40 minutes off the train/ferry and almost all of it on national roads so they are probably headed for home
Besides if the French gendarme saw a French registered truck running on a sunday they wouldn’t stop them, they’d rather wait and catch any truck from any other country you care to mention and chuck a 1000 euro fine at them instead :smiling_imp:

Oh…and one other thing, they have an account at Ashford Truckstop and park/drop trailers in there…thats where i was based when i worked for them
Could have been heading there and then going home to their English houses :question:

Fair comment.

I’ll add that after steaming past me, they also bypassed the turn-off in the distance ahead of me for the international truck stop further down the road.
I concluded they were in a hurry to catch a ferry then, rather than go on break at said truckstop…

If I put my hard brexit hat on for a minute…
…I could argue “WTF are they even still doing on UK roads these days?”
Bugger their reasons for still coming here, indeed. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:
Brexit - was supposed to have priced them out of the entire trans-channel market, as far as I’m concerned. :neutral_face:
The net logical end to this - should be continental drivers dumping their haul at near-port depots, and returning on the next ferry, rather than driving all around UK roads, wearing out our roads and squatting our laybys (in more ways than one) whilst refusing to pay our fuel duty by carrying supertanks full of fuel to avoid our UK fuel duties filling up here.

Have you noticed the sheer number of depots being built all along the “trade route” corridors inland these days?

Lots of jobs for UK-based Truckers, less places to run to profitably for EU based hauliers. :bulb:

Here we go ,another revenue earner for the Councils, 20 mph -nothing new there ,just to bore you young tear arses though . My BRS days way back when HGVs carried a 20 mph plate ,my one and only nick ( 26 mph ) resulted in a £10 fine when wages were around £12 week ,so with todays wages claimed on here to be £600 - £1000 weekly . how would a weeks wages as a fine go down today ? - but a plea to our union resulted in a re-imbursment to me ! -the good old days ■■. ----- toshboy

Here we go ,another revenue earner for the Councils, 20 mph -nothing new there ,just to bore you young tear arses though . My BRS days way back when HGVs carried a 20 mph plate ,my one and only nick ( 26 mph ) resulted in a £10 fine when wages were around £12 week ,so with todays wages claimed on here to be £600 - £1000 weekly . how would a weeks wages as a fine go down today ? - but a plea to our union resulted in a re-imbursment to me ! -the good old days ■■. ----- toshboy

Sorry double post

jakethesnake:
I read about that online and we only have the regular speed limit breakers to thank for it. If everone stuck to 30 the 20 probably would never have come in.
From what i’ve heard they will be in place all over the UK within a short period and closely monitored.

Of course probably 90% who break the limit near schools and in built up areas would be the first to shout …Lock him/her up if their child was injured or killed by a speeding driver.:imp: :imp: :imp:

Couldn’t agree more. Drivers only have themselves to blame for this situation.
Personally i take great pleasure in sticking to all speed limits & im not intimidated by anybody behind me, in fact it just makes me drive slower :laughing:

drover:

jakethesnake:

Couldn’t agree more. Drivers only have themselves to blame for this situation.
Personally i take great pleasure in sticking to all speed limits & im not intimidated by anybody behind me, in fact it just makes me drive slower :laughing:

I like your style. :smiley:

jakethesnake:
If everone stuck to 30 the 20 probably would never have come in:

Im not sure that I agree with that tbh. I think that anyone who disregards a 30 limit will certainly disregard a 20 limit, save for jumping on the brakes as they approach a camera of course.

I think that the 20 limit was always going to appear because of a snippet I heard whilst attending a speed awareness course many moons back. It was stated that a pedestrian who was struck by a car travelling at 30mph had an 80% better chance of survival than one who was struck by a car travelling at 35mph. As these courses quote government figures it doesn’t take an Einstein to extrapolate that travelling at 20mph will exponentially increase survival rates even further, hence the move to lower in town speed limits.

For anyone who is remotely interested my SAC was for travelling at 44mph on a NSL single carriageway section of the A66 four days before the law was changed to 50mph max on the same stretch of road. How lucky was I? :blush:

Yes I am sure you have a point there however from what I hear very very few slow down or stick to 20 but a far higher number slow down and stick to 30.
Of course that will change when the cameras appear and they actually notice the signs. :unamused:

Personally I don’t like the fact it takes the likes of cameras and police presence to slow drivers down. A lot are hypocritical when it come to offences .

Good to know some people on here will go to heaven. Amen

Winseer:
FFS this was Sunday afternoon, and I didn’t think it was legal to be disgourged from a ferry on the mainland continent ahead of 23:00hrs?

What’s their f…in hurry in getting to the channel crossing■■? :unamused:

Perhaps they were running the corridor :bulb:

toshboy:

Its a revenue earner,but it is a purely voluntary co tribution.I wont be paying it.