A43 closure/official diversion

Evening all.

They’re messing around with the A43/A5/and island at Towcester overnight. Last night the A5 was closed through Towcester but coming from Daventry way there was also no access to A43 southbound as they were messing with the island too.

I went another way and avoided it all but I just wondered if there was a place where the traffic orders could be viewed as they would have the “official” diversion on it. Bear in mind the A43 was also shut from the M1 so essentially there was no way from the A5 to A43 South as far as i could see so wondered what the official line was…

Onky ways I can think of are going down to MK, A421 to Buckingham then A43 or Daventry to Southam then A423 to Banbury.

Both are long diversions hence looking to see if there was something else I was missing…

Im trying to work out which direction you are coming from and going to?

Daventry - A361 — Banbury is the simplest. Although I’ve seen some discussion of night-time/weekend closures on the A361 around Chipping Warden.

It’s also a straightforward run along the old Banbury Lane from the A5 at White Park through Litchborough, Moreton Pinkney etc to Banbury (I don’t think there are any weight restrictions - but it’s possible they’ve introduced some in recent years) . Once you’ve gone through Moreton Pinkney etc you can then turn left and pick up the B4525 if you wish and join the A43 at Syresham. There are no low bridges at all on any of these roads, even though the Banbury Lane is unclassified (its actually a C road, but they are not marked or numbered as such).

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

refmoss:

Basically I’m coming from DIRFT to go A43 South. You can’t turn right onto A43, you can’t get from M1J15A onto A43 South, you can’t go through Towcester on the A5 either.

Roymondo:
Daventry - A361 — Banbury is the simplest. Although I’ve seen some discussion of night-time/weekend closures on the A361 around Chipping Warden.

It’s also a straightforward run along the old Banbury Lane from the A5 at White Park through Litchborough, Moreton Pinkney etc to Banbury (I don’t think there are any weight restrictions - but it’s possible they’ve introduced some in recent years) . Once you’ve gone through Moreton Pinkney etc you can then turn left and pick up the B4525 if you wish and join the A43 at Syresham. There are no low bridges at all on any of these roads, even though the Banbury Lane is unclassified (its actually a C road, but they are not marked or numbered as such).

A361 defo shut mate.

I’ll have a look at the other way though. As I said its fine I can get around it I just wondered if there was a more local offical diversion that I’ve missed.

toonsy:
A361 defo shut mate.

You sure? The information I have seen is that it’s only closed 0500-0700 on Sundays or something similar.

Hi Guys newbie to forum/ returning driver from years ago, so exscuse if offering information everyone already aware of, but I use the below website these days, as my driving days before internet so popular, and this site helps me avoid the closures ususally.

nationalhighways.co.uk/travel-u … re-report/

not sure if already known by everyone, if so appolgies, but may help those not aware of the website…

Just for note, didnt help me with a A1 closure though that wasnt on it a while back, but feeling it was on spot one as pulled out the sign just as I approached… was a grrrr moment lol, and noticed moving large machine of some sort across … ■■ wish I had planned own diversion as theirs was terrible.

Roymondo:

toonsy:
A361 defo shut mate.

You sure? The information I have seen is that it’s only closed 0500-0700 on Sundays or something similar.

Yesterday I cut across from Weedon to pick up the A361 but there was many road closure signs and Google has it closed at Chipping Warden and again at the M40 end.

After coming through Banbury to join the M40 at that junction I passed that end of the 361 and it was defo coned off.

I got not suggestions for you Toonsy.

Other than to say, how does our country manage to employ so many incompetent people in administrative supervisory and management roles, time after time major roadworks including closures on obvious alternative routes simultaneously, i don’t think its deliberate because quite honestly i doubt could arrange the proverbial ■■■■ up, it must be standard UK managerial incompetence to an olympic standard.

Its bad enough knowing the routes like the back of your hand, just how in hell do the foreign lads cope.

is the A361 deffo closed early hours tomorrow? i run from Leicester area down to the I.O.W. every Thursday,and the last few weeks i have been using the 361 to get to the M40. bad news if it’s shut :frowning:

i could go M1 M25 to j.10 then A3 to Pompey…but anything could go wrong on that route :frowning:

carryfast-yeti:
is the A361 deffo closed early hours tomorrow? i run from Leicester area down to the I.O.W. every Thursday,and the last few weeks i have been using the 361 to get to the M40. bad news if it’s shut :frowning:

Coventry Southam Banbury for M40?

Juddian:
I got not suggestions for you Toonsy.

Other than to say, how does our country manage to employ so many incompetent people in administrative supervisory and management roles, time after time major roadworks including closures on obvious alternative routes simultaneously, i don’t think its deliberate because quite honestly i doubt could arrange the proverbial ■■■■ up, it must be standard UK managerial incompetence to an olympic standard.

Its bad enough knowing the routes like the back of your hand, just how in hell do the foreign lads cope.

Yeah it’s ■■■■■■■ nuts i don’t understand how they are allowed to get away with it, companies must be ■■■■ scared of doing anything about it incase they get targeted by the authorities i guess

Juddian:

carryfast-yeti:

tried that a few weeks ago,Juddian…but roadworks at the end of the M69/A45 junction diverted me through Coventry …had me sweating as i very nearly missed one of the diversion signs. i’ll ring my mate who has a satnav road tracker thingy before i leave the yard.

toonsy:

refmoss:

Basically I’m coming from DIRFT to go A43 South. You can’t turn right onto A43, you can’t get from M1J15A onto A43 South, you can’t go through Towcester on the A5 either.

M1 J16 A4500, A5076(Northampton ring road) A45 to J16 (if open) or A45, A428, A509 to J14 M1

refmoss:

toonsy:

refmoss:

M1 J16 A4500, A5076(Northampton ring road) A45 to J16 (if open) or A45, A428, A509 to J14 M1

Those alternatives don’t address the issue - the closures and restrictions appear to affect the A43 from M1 J15A through to Brackley, and it is this road (and then the A34 continuing South) that he wants to use.

Roymondo:

refmoss:

toonsy:

refmoss:

Those alternatives don’t address the issue - the closures and restrictions appear to affect the A43 from M1 J15A through to Brackley, and it is this road (and then the A34 continuing South) that he wants to use.

Correct.

Incidentally I believe that next week the A43 is closed from Towcester towards the M1, and there’ll again be no access to A43 South as they’re working on the “northbound” side of the island, but you should in theory at least if I’ve read it right (not a guarantee) be able to use J15A for A43 south

Roymondo:

refmoss:

toonsy:

refmoss:

Ah my mistake, didn’t realise he was going A34.

carryfast-yeti:

Juddian:

carryfast-yeti:

tried that a few weeks ago,Juddian…but roadworks at the end of the M69/A45 junction diverted me through Coventry …had me sweating as i very nearly missed one of the diversion signs. i’ll ring my mate who has a satnav road tracker thingy before i leave the yard.

in the end,i took the M69 then the diversion thru’ Coventry and onto the M40…took 3hrs 15mins from depot to Gunwharf so not too bad.
but on the way home @ half one…the HS2 guy’s were just about to close the A43 north of Brackley :astonished: i got through just,but a colleague in a decker not far behind got turned back…he had to go back to the M40 then up to Cov,as he wasn’t sure of any low bridges in the area.

Tesco give you risk assessments with the route you must follow , don’t start taking any notice of some random driver off heres route or start thinking for yourself , or Tesco won’t be employing you for long