24v inverter

I’m looking for a 24v inverter that I can plug into a cigarette socket. Most of them seem to need connecting directly to the battery which is no good for me as I’m in different cabs almost every night and can’t be bothered with all the messing around.
I did have a 12v one but all the sockets in these new Mercs are 24v so it buggered that one up in about 5 seconds! I only need it for a couple of hours a night to be able to charge a laptop to do some work on, so hopefully nothing to expensive.
Anyone got any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

New mercs? So you have a couple of usbC outlets would they charge your laptop at all? Double ended usbc lead (depending on laptop)

If it’s just to charge a laptop use a power bank.

Something like this would mean less to carry if you can match it with your laptop

amazon.co.uk/Charger-12V-24 … 099DYY2FH/?

Or something like this

sterling-power.com/products/230 … =956576335

If you are in a different motor each shift, does the laptop battery not see you through between charges at home?

njl:
Something like this would mean less to carry if you can match it with your laptop

amazon.co.uk/Charger-12V-24 … 099DYY2FH/?

Or something like this

sterling-power.com/products/230 … =956576335

If you are in a different motor each shift, does the laptop battery not see you through between charges at home?

That first one looks like the best bet, will order one later and see if it’s any good.
I was going to use my old laptop, then I wouldn’t be bothered if it got damaged while I was working, but the battery on it is so bad it only lasts an hour, maybe 2 at best, when not plugged in. However, I tried using it last night and it was so slow it practically made doing any work impossible so I might just have to use my new one and just be careful with it

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

I used something similar with my lap top. Had it on all day as sat nav and at night as tv or internet. No problems, kept laptop fully charged and no drain on truck. No point taking power from 24v up to 240v only to take it back to 17v or whatever.

stu675:
New mercs? So you have a couple of usbC outlets would they charge your laptop at all? Double ended usbc lead (depending on laptop)

The voltage out of a usb post is 5volts, so I doubt that it would work

peirre:

stu675:

The voltage out of a usb post is 5volts, so I doubt that it would work

The specs allow USB-C connections to negotiate a higher voltage - up to 20V at up to 3A.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk