Normal or mad

Is the driver mad or normal. Me if I win a million i
will never drive a hgv again hopefully. As for helping
the government out no chance.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m … d-26970528

Is a bit mad. Going back to Lidl full time
Then again if I won a million I’d leave work.
Travel and usuall things.
But I reckon after a while get bored at home all day.
And id probably join an agency do a day a week or so to get me out and about .
Then again if I won I’d never go public so no one would know

I think government is the wrong term, he helped Lidl customers.
What would you do with all your free time? I think especially 2 years ago it would be joyous to get out the house, drive on empty roads and be received with open arms everywhere you went [emoji848][emoji6]

How is it a secret return to work?

It is in the daily mirror lol.

Guy sounds like he has a level head.

Boredom must kick in even with a load of money and if he loves the job so be it.

Reminds me a bit of delboy when he becomes a millionaire. He misses the hustle and bustle of real life.

I’ve often said that should it happen to me I’d have to keep on doing something.

Is a million quid really life changing as in enough to keep you comfortable for life? Another couple of months and it’ll only be enough for a six pack of crisps :laughing:

First off I doubt they got to keep the whole million. They’ll probably pay the highest tax (60% ?) and be left with £400k which is enough for a decent house or 2 to rent out to help with retirement.

ETS:
First off I doubt they got to keep the whole million. They’ll probably pay the highest tax (60% ?) and be left with £400k which is enough for a decent house or 2 to rent out to help with retirement.

For the lottery winner lottery winnings are tax free in the UK, the gambling tax is paid by the provider not the winner.

Say what you like, good luck and good fortune are wasted on some people. :unamused:
If I won a mill.I’d never look at a ■■■■ truck again, let alone drive one again.

If he had the urge to travel, buy a top notch motor home and go enjoy life with his Mrs, eating and drinking in fine restaurants, certainly not do a 13 hour day on crappy rdc work, and grabbing your scran at Hollies caff.or similar. :unamused:
If he wanted to do his bit, do some charity work.

Cal me cruel but it would have served him right,.and I’d have laughed my ■■■■ off if he’d got pulled and done on some job related pedantic poultry offence,.when he should have been at home pursuing his new hobbies.
So in answer to your question…MAD. :unamused:

^^^ I think Lidl sells more than just chickens?

robroy:
Say what you like, good luck and good fortune are wasted on some people. :unamused:
If I won a mill.I’d never look at a [zb] truck again, let alone drive one again.

If he had the urge to travel, buy a top notch motor home and go enjoy life with his Mrs, eating and drinking in fine restaurants, certainly not do a 13 hour day on crappy rdc work, and grabbing your scran at Hollies caff.or similar. :unamused:
If he wanted to do his bit, do some charity work.

Cal me cruel but it would have served him right,.and I’d have laughed my ■■■■ off if he’d got pulled and done on some job related pedantic poultry offence,.when he should have been at home pursuing his new hobbies.
So in answer to your question…MAD. :unamused:

Forget the motor home there’s enough there to spend the Summer months touring the best hotels in Switzerland South of France and Sardinia driving a new 5.0 litre V8 Range Rover bought as special VIP order.Trade it in for new one next year.
Money doesn’t provide class.

stu675:
^^^ I think Lidl sells more than just chickens?

Getting my poultry mixed up with my paltry. :smiley:
Still think he doesn’t deserve the cash though. :smiley:

adam277:
How is it a secret return to work?

It is in the daily mirror lol.

Cheque was made out in 2019 story is from 2022

Lots of lottery winners have really messed up their lives. Money doesnt buy happiness. If it were me I would be off to Croatia and do a bit of sailing.

alamcculloch:
Money doesnt buy happiness.

That ^^^ is very true. What it does buy however is a better class of misery! :wink:

Not long after the UK lottery started I had a tanker driver mate who won £10 million. He has since told me that it does in fact buy you freedom! The freedom to not stress over the mundane things in life because you have it all covered. He had a semi falling out with his family because he didn’t give any of them a single penny, what he did do though is pay all of their debts including their mortgages off, thus giving them a clean slate. I thought that was brilliant.

Normal for a lorry driver going by what you read on here , 70 yr olds going back to work , some never stopped working , then we’ve the 50/60 yr old who don’t want to miss a minute , away all week & theyl still turn up on a Saturday , b/h are not about going out & enjoying themselves , more about can they get a 15 in ,they’d rather stop out on a Friday night as the traffic isn’t so busy on a sat morn , and to be honest there there so they might as well do a shift , ■■■■ only got 13,s left , then you’ve got the ones who get given a extra 5 days hol & just see it as more money , sell it .
I don’t believe going by what you read on here that 99% would just see 1 million pounds as more money in the bank than a way to have a better life
That said it’s not just lorry drivers , my mrs mate who is a manager within the nhs took early retirement at 55 ( as you can with the old pension) , bloody good pension so my mrs tells me , retirement do , presents etc etc , tears , ZB me she’s now coming back 5 days a week on bank work , I’ve told the mrs to ask for our present back

Retired now, would never go back full time,but will do the odd day here and there, but its got to be something or somewhere interesting, or a bit of a challenge. Certainly not RDC or similar.

The guy is doing what he wants to do.I certainly would not be doing the hours what the Company asks for,hours would be on my terms.
As forgetting bored with sitting around the house like some claim they would be,I am retired and I only ever get bored because the weather is atrocious.With a large amount in the bank I would be gone to a warmer climate for awhile,longer than I normally do.
Work to live,not live to work

tachograph:

ETS:

For the lottery winner lottery winnings are tax free in the UK, the gambling tax is paid by the provider not the winner.

Well in this case that gentleman is rather mad :unamused: Also a mill nowadays is hardly enough to ,mess up your life’’

On a second thought, how f-ed up is it that people are encouraged to gamble rather than work/create a business? Gamble and win = tax free
Create business, build it up, create jobs in the process and make money = pay tax
Work your a££ off 60 hours a week = get taxed on every single penny you earn (over the pitiful tax free allowance)

fingermissing:
Is the driver mad or normal. Me if I win a million i
will never drive a hgv again hopefully. As for helping
the government out no chance.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m … d-26970528

if you have an accident and the judge finds its your fault the high of the compensation will be calculated from what you have. if house belongs to wife and kids, and you pay your wife a salary then there is not much left. but if you have a million you may have to pay a big amount in compensation.
therefore, either stop driving or give the money to your family