Garmin Dezl or me?

wakou:
And another thing!
Today was on a multi-drop route in NE London and the SE London. I had forgotton to pack my Garmin, and so I used Road Lords on my phone. The first drop was less than 20 miles from the depot.
I somehow got trapped, further away from the drop, in an inescapable maze of width restrictions. Road Lords has the width restrictions marked, but ignores them and routes you through them!!! Even those with actual concrete width restrictions!
I left the depot at 06:00. First drop, less than 20 miles away, acheived after 09:00. Driver exhausted and near tears! I know I am an idiot, and I do like a challenge, but for a newbie, doing U turns in an 18t truck whilst missing strict deadlines is not much fun.
At one point I was less than a mile from my drop. Looking at a 7’ width restriction. Unable to go forward. The width restriction on this road was NOT signposted!!! (as far as I could see??)

What you’ve described is a bloody good way to learn, the way everybody did once… ie, by mistakes,
By experiencing that it makes you more wary and astute next time…that is the way it used to be before all this stuff came out…
Ain’t got a ■■■■ clue what a ‘Road Lord’ is, but such crap is the reason that drivers no longer actually learn routes but rather go through the motions,.and the reason we have so many crappists masquerading as drivers.
Ain’t saying don’t use all available aids, just saying you learn more (and bettter) if you also do a bit,.and think a bit fo yourself instead of total reliance on electronics.