What’s the best move for a hgv driver before a recession?

Thesuperiorone:
Anyone have any idea what the Hgv industry is like during a recession? Seems we are heading for another in the near future.

I’m currently in the construction industry driving a concrete mixer. However I spoke to someone the other day that offered to get me a job driving for Wincanton (5k more than what I’m already on) delivering for wickes. Am I better to stay put or take a dive ? Said it was 6month probation but I don’t really think you get job security until you’ve worked 2 years continuously.

I think it was 07-2010 the last recession ( too young to know too much about it) I fell like the obviously safe thing to is stay. But maybe some of you will abit more or have lived through the last big recession.

Can anyone lend a little advice or even give me a history lesson or something?? Maybe you know what was or is the safest industry to be in during a big recession?

the best way during a recession is driving a fridge to south europe. you have always food on the trailer and in the cab. just need a stove.
not good national as they seal the trailer and gracing isn’t allowed, and they give nothing to the driver.
remember driving italy- germany. every time police stopped me i had passenger side full food. safet me lots of money on fines :slight_smile: