Woodside tankfreight

Hi all, anyone up to date with this lot, if not on the tanker side then Woodsides as a general? Last topic on here I could find was dated 2018 where it was suggested they weren’t the best to work for.

Does anyone know where they pull out of in Manchester and what the general work is, as I was told by a lovely northern Irish woman that I need to apply firsg and then will be contacted with the info , which I have duly done, seems a bit strange why they can’t just say over phone?

Thanks All in anticipation

the reason you can’t find much info about Woodsides is that they tend to keep themselves to themselves - they are not big on social media and self promotion . It seems to work for them and most of their bigger clients like it that way as well .
Wages terms and conditions I have no info on - but the drivers I know who work for them seem happy and content and not much of a turnover . I’d say its one of those jobs you will know in the first few days if its for you or not , many seem to stay so it can’t all be bad .

they have a depot at walton summit just round corner from where i live.see them a lot heading up slip road to m61 solo or with trailer all times of day.no idea of wages but they have mainly volvos and few mercs but think they are being fased out.never applied myself but if u do u may let others know what they offer

woodsides.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
details here of the job and rates plus other jobs they have to

Yes I’m after the 4 on 4 off work but just says up to 17.50, that could mean anything I’m hoping for a response from job application I shall let yous know, it’s just a bit of a ball ache going through the application process not even knowing where they run out of

Alfa1M:
Hi all, anyone up to date with this lot, if not on the tanker side then Woodsides as a general? Last topic on here I could find was dated 2018 where it was suggested they weren’t the best to work for.

Does anyone know where they pull out of in Manchester and what the general work is, as I was told by a lovely northern Irish woman that I need to apply firsg and then will be contacted with the info , which I have duly done, seems a bit strange why they can’t just say over phone?

Thanks All in anticipation

According to the link they are paying £13 an hour for driving a car transporter but the link for the general class 1 driver says £competitive, that usually translates as crap.

I actually work for Woodsides and tbh they are a good company to work for. No hassle or constant phone calls, get your jobs and away you go. Moneys good and top notch equipment, and planners have a good idea of what is involved in the job. No phone calls to hurry you up, when you’ve done the job just ring them and they allocate you the next job. I’m with them 5 years now and have no complaints.

the fub:
I actually work for Woodsides and tbh they are a good company to work for. No hassle or constant phone calls, get your jobs and away you go. Moneys good and top notch equipment, and planners have a good idea of what is involved in the job. No phone calls to hurry you up, when you’ve done the job just ring them and they allocate you the next job. I’m with them 5 years now and have no complaints.

So how good is the money then? Come on spill the beans.

the fub:

Thanks for that good to know where do you run out if don’t mind me asking ? And what are you on, curtainsiders?

I run out of their head office in Ballynure in Northern Ireland. I’m on general so curtainsiders, vans. The Tankfreight, and Motorfreight are completely different departments.