Delivery to the smoke

Got a cracker ( not )
Delivery to Tower of London 7am Sunday .
Best way from the M4 , any suggestions.
Haven’t been in London with a truck for years .
Use to do M4 / A4 cut through Earl’s Court along the embankment to Vauxhall bridge on my way to Erith then down through lewisham etc years ago .
Just wandering pretty much the same except keep going at Vauxhall bridge
All advise welcome .
Thanks

The London Lorry Ban operates from 1pm on Saturday to 7am on Monday morning so do you have a permit to deliver? No permit no delivery. The route you will take will be dictated by the Excluded Route Network. You’ll need to use that to get as close as possible to where you’re delivering, even if you have a permit. Here’s the map:

lcspermits.com/#schememap

Looks like you’re going to have to go M4 then turn left onto North Circular then off onto the A40 to Notting Hill, continue on Westway onto the A501 all the way to the Tower. The other alternative is to come in from the other side and run the A13 all the way in.

Best of luck.

You will have to use the London Lorry Control routes at that time of day. Get your
firm to ask L. L .C for the correct route .Get it wrong and the fine is £130.00 for driver
and £550.00 for operator 50% discount if paid within 14 days.

Thanks for the advice guys ,
I fail to mention that I shall be driving a rigid 18t
Just reading an extract from the website it says all vehicles over 18t .
So I persume but please put me right if I am wrong am I free to enter
London with no permit / any route ( as long as I keep to weight restricted routes obviously )
The truck newish with the camera & TURNING LEFT , etc etc.
I eagerly await you response.
Thanks

fingermissing:
You will have to use the London Lorry Control routes at that time of day. Get your
firm to ask L. L .C for the correct route .Get it wrong and the fine is £130.00 for driver

Why tf do operators allow these ■■■■ s to make them jump through hoops just to deliver into that ■■■■ hole.
With all the petty rules and regs, it’s as if they were setting a challenge just to get in.
They clearly don’t want us in there,.so refuse to deliver their crap…simple.

I know Robroy,
It’s as if it’s our privilege to go in there ,
All I am doing is my job and providing a service .
Luckily as I only drive a rigid these rules don’t apply .
But without the help / knowledge of people on here I could quite easily
Driven in with an artic think I had done a good job then bosh .
Massive fine ffs .
Wish I hadn’t volunteered to do it now ,
Wondering what else is gonna crop up .( hopefully I’m over thinking it )

robroy:

fingermissing:

Why tf do operators allow these [zb] s to make them jump through hoops just to deliver into that [zb] hole.
With all the petty rules and regs, it’s as if they were setting a challenge just to get in.

too many office wallahs that have never done the job/ dont care

ill never forget the day the congestion charge waas extended down to the south circular i had to go into it (the new part) and asked if they had got thier permits etc. They told me it hadnt come in yet despite there being new notices on the walls saying it was coming in that day

robroy:
Why tf do operators allow these [zb] s to make them jump through hoops just to deliver into that [zb] hole.

Or turn it back against them by quoting a punitive rate for the job in the hope and intent that they won’t accept it.If they do win win.

18 tonne so excempt fromm LLCS. I would go A40 then jump on inner ring road A501 all the way round to Tower Hill.

Thanks Yorkie,
Would I be ok to do M4 A4 through Trafalgar Square onto the embankment or cut down through Earl’s Court and just follow the Along that way , just I’m more familiar with running along the embankment than through the city .

Your vehicle will not be exempt from DVS (Direct Vision Standard) even if it meets the criteria, the vehicle still needs its compliance permit, so make sure the operator has applied and received the permit for the vehicle before entering the DVS zone… hope this helps

robroy:

fingermissing:

Personally, I would block all the exit routes from the god forsaken dump and detonate a small nuclear device somewhere around the centre, I doubt the rest of the country would miss it. Failing that, get them to cycle out to the 25 and collect their goods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst the M25 was under construction it was mooted that at the end of every major arterial route that fed London would have a distribution centre on it where lorries would unload and smaller vehicles would feed the capital. In my mind it would be perfect with a few obvious exceptions such as fuel tankers etc. As it stands I don’t really care about London or its denizens, they vote these cabbages in so it’s only right that they suffer from their lunatic policies.

I’m with robroy and carryfast here. They don’t want you in there: don’t go in there or charge accordingly. Mind you, there’ll always be chumps that jump at the chance to bollix it up for everyone else.

GOG47:

robroy:

fingermissing:

Personally, I would block all the exit routes from the god forsaken dump and detonate a small nuclear device somewhere around the centre, I doubt the rest of the country would miss it. Failing that, get them to cycle out to the 25 and collect their goods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where do you class london though… wont be long before it stretches down to faversham. there is only a small bit of countryside between gravesend and medway and another small bit between sittingborne and faversham

I queried a drop of ours to the office a while back, as it happens sat in the same yard this morning, 100 yards into an LLC restriction with a drop time of 7am. I had been deliberately holding back to avoid arriving early and suggested to the office that dropping the regular booking time back by half an hour might make sense.

The view they took was that they occasionally get a request from whoever administers the scheme regarding a vehicle but as long as they show the destination and booking time to show it was necessary rather than a shortcut no further action is taken. Perhaps they have some sort of blanket permit in place but wasn’t mentioned.

cooper1203:
where do you class london though… wont be long before it stretches down to faversham. there is only a small bit of countryside between gravesend and medway and another small bit between sittingborne and faversham

London is everything within the GLA boundary and the 32 boroughs in large part covering the stolen areas of the surrounding counties taken in 1965.It was the smaller LCC before that.
Ironically there is some countryside even within that boundary like in the stolen joke Kingston Borough.Which leaves the question why did London want it bearing in mind it’s green belt meant to stop further expansion of London.
The place should be pushed back to its LCC boundary.

Firstly thanks for all your input on this thread.
Update done my drop this morning arrived all on time and tipped .
Gave myself plenty of time giving myself 3.5 hours from the Bristol area .
M4 closed due to weekend works so rather than follow some diversion that
May well have got me lost or something just done the good old fashioned way .
Went the way I know , j10 through Bracknell M3 to M25 back up to M4 .put about 20-mins on my time . But the closer I got to Tower of London sat nav started to become temperamental 7.5 ton limit here can’t go there etc etc . So again turned the thing off and reverted to old school went the way I sort of knew .
A4 to Hyde Park Corner
Then follow the road down past Victoria into parliament square then hung a left at Westminster bridge and just followed the river until I came to Tower of London turned right onto lower Thames road , bosh bang on .
Sat nav was sending me south of the river over this bridge back across over that bridge
7.5 t limit etc etc when none were marked ( that I could see anyway ) here’s waiting for next week when my list of infringements come from the various London authorities ha ha ,
Does go to show though sat nav , Google maps & and your own initiative works best
( well I hope so anyway )